Just A Thank You

Rellin

Norrathian Gnome
I just wanted to post saying thank you for all your hard work. You have made me come back to Civilization after taking a long break, basically a week after CivIV was released. I just couldn't go back to CivIII and well, CivIV kinda sucked at released, at least it wasn't fun and the AI was meh. This mod made me retry CivIV vanilla last week, and it was much better. I went out and purchased Warlords tonight and am going to give that a go, so Firaxis can thank you too for my $29.99. Anyway, please keep up your hardwork and really, once again, thank you.

Indeed here is another thank you. I haven't made it through a whole game yet with better AI. But I love when I see the AI culture bomb me. I never saw that before this mod. There are all kinds of goodies I notice every now and again.

One question though: I saw in a thread in the warlords section people discussing the Better AI mod making warfare neccessary at higher levels. I am cool with that personally. My question is - Is the main focus (or a main focus) to have the AI become better at war as this mod continues? I am really hoping so myself. I am planning a mod right now, but I think I need some smart AI to handle the new promotions and stuff I am bringing in. It will be fun to see what they do with it anyways. The AI is no longer 100%predictable to me. :goodjob:

I'll third that! I too came back to Civ4 after a substantial break on account of Better AI. OK so spraining my wrist, thereby preventing me playing anything less cerebral, also had something to do with it but that's better now and I'm still addicted. Blake and Iustus have obviously put a lot of time and effort into this. Certainly more than Firaxis were likely to be able to afford and the game is now still worth playing.

I second (fourth?) all the above comments. I hadn't played Civ IV in months. Noble, Prince, and Monarch just weren't much of a challenge because the AI wasn't any good, and I never liked the headaches that playing at Emperor and above always seemed to give me. Better AI sucked me back into playing this game and has taken time away from what would have otherwise been just a normal social life and/or playing Battlefield: 2142 with my friends.

My friends aren't that happy, but I sure am!

:goodjob: Thanks Blake and Iustus!!! :goodjob:

When I said "damnit! Ghandi is a vassal of the americans and celts, and he's gonna win a cultural victory.", that was a very neat moment. I had to start a world war not because I chose to, but because the AI was going to win the game if I didn't...

I have played games at both settings of Noble and Prince with the Better AI(02-12). I have had no problems whatsoever as far as CTD or lock ups. I find the Better AI with the tweaked difficulty xml settings to be a real improvement upon warlords patch 2.08.

The governer is quite sweet now compared to what it has ever been in Civ and I have been playing this series since the very first Civ.! The AI seems as good as it has ever been.

Hats off to work that for the most part goes unrewarded. Thank you.

I also want to thank you for your hard work.

Top Bottom