Michkov - Asoka (India) (random leader)
Hercules90 - Darius (Persia)
Luthor_Saxburg - Augustus (Rome)
HBHR - Willem (Netherlands)
Osbiath - Wang Kon (Korea)

I'm in :mischief:
I vote (if i can) tech trading on but tech brokering off

Yeah, i'd be interested. Assume U R talking full BTS? :thumbsup:

I'd prefer a map/world like "big-&-small" with islands mixed in & LOW sea level.
Low sea = more land mass without becoming "tectonics" or "Pangaea" sized continents.
Usually yields a realistic mix of lands + a need for navies which adds some exciting possibilities & realism. Wonder if "medium & small" would be similar? Never tried that map.

Like the idea of leaving random events & huts on = some fun surprises (or disappointments).
By leaving those on, does that allow for Quests? (they are fun to purse... especially with other humans chasing them too!)

Also, having a few AI to use & abuse = less human-to-human fighting? Bathsheeba started a huge game & i followed with a similar one, with full 18 civ's but only 6 of us. So far it's working good;there is less delays due to fewer players (as U R suggesting). Perhaps, on a standard size world there could be a 1 human-1 AI mix?

Your choice, U R the Man. If U start it, U get to call the setup. :bowdown:

PS: i don't understand the difference between tech trading & "brokering" = ? :confused:

tech trading off means there is no tech trading at all
Tech trading on+tech brokering off means one can only trade those techs which he researched himself.

and yes, events do allow Quests

default number of players for standard size map is 7, so 1AI per player leaves space for max 4 Human. unless there will be less then 5 players I'm reluctant to add any AI. And human fighting can always be prevented by in-house rules - e.g. no wars until turn 40 or until 0 AD or similar.

Thx.
Thot so, as far as max # of players on standard map.

I'm game for most anything at this point. BIGGEST wish is for players who will stay with it even when things may go bad for them + we move reasonably FAST (ala, Octafish & Redofish)

I'd be up for another PBEM.
Settings sound fine for me.
Free civ choice or one of the mentioned in post 1?

Also PBEM tracker should be mandatory.

I'd be up for another PBEM.

Also PBEM tracker should be mandatory.

I am happy with any of the civs.

I prefer tech trading and tech brokering off. But it is not a big issue for me.

Great, looks we have the quorum.

Sure, we will use pbem tracker, you can join now: http://pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=167, password is "civfans"

Map type - I tend to stick with inland sea, but everyone gets to select a civ for himself. Also, no DOWs for the first 40 turns (raging barbs on Inland sea will make sure we are not bored).

Tech trading - lets keep up with forum traditions and leave it off.

And one last thing, Hercules90 and HBHR, please communicate your timezone, so I can setup turnorder.

Links over to Tracker but asks for the name of game =________? :scan:

http://pbemtracker.com/game.php?gameID=167

I see the other 3 players already joined the game on tracker, so i assume the link is working. can you try again please? (EDIT: i just noticed i misspelled name of the game, it is "Just Another Gme". but it should affect the link above.)

Once everyone chooses their civ let me know your selection and then we can start

EDIT: i just noticed i misspelled name of the game, it is "Just Another Gme". but it should affect the link above.
Not the link but if you are keeping that name in the tracker, then I think that the name of the game has to be the same (with the typo). Not 100% sure but I think it works like that.

Can I still join? I am in GMT timezone and do like the Romans.

right, then when i create the game in civ i will name it keeping the typo

sure, you can. JC or Augustus?

With a few twists & turns, i got into "Just Another Gme".

No firm choice on civ/leader yet. :undecide:
I tend to like financial (since that's my profession) +_______ leaders.
What is deadline for choosing?

Looking forward to an interesting game. Never done "inland sea before". Be nice to me.

I tend to like financial (since that's my profession) +_______ leaders.
What is deadline for choosing?
the deadline is... now... as I guess that our host is getting ready to start the game... financial is usually a good trait. Imperialistic is also a good trait, so you might try... Victoria?

Be nice to me.
Nope! There are no nice people around here... just terrible warmongers that will conquer your Wonders... ;)

I'll try Korea. I think i'll need that "Protective" trait with this bunch! :eek:

What is difficulty setting?
Medium sea level?
Temperate climate?

Emperor :devil: - so the barbs will actually do something during those first 40 turns

I'll play Catherine of Russia

Top Bottom