Just bought BTS and it won't install.

deepace

Chieftain
When I try to install BTS direct x 9.0c installs from the DVD okay then it say's 'There is a newer version of CIV 4, will install the patch now.The patch failed to install,aborting installation.'
I've been reading threads for the last few hours about 32dll and direct x problems but can't find a similar problem to mine.
My current CIV 4 is patched to 1.61 and works perfectly.System....Pentium 4 3 gig, Win XP with update,1 gig RAM,Nividea G FORCE 6600 128MB.
Hope someone can help,I was looking forward to BTS.
deepace

After spending most of yesterday trying to get BTS to install I still hav'nt been able to get past the message that say's 'There is a newer version of CIV 4,will install patch now' followed by the message 'Patch failed to install Aborting Installation'.
I downloaded and installed directx_june2007_redist.exe thinking that this might be a later version than the one on the BTS DVD but when I try to install BTS I still have the same problem when it try's to update with the CIV 4 patch.It makes it all the more difficult because it does'nt say which patch it's trying to install.
My CIV 4 is currently patched to 1.61.Does anyone know which patch is on the BTS CD so that I can try downloading it and installing it that way.I'm hoping that if I do this that the BTS DVD will then get past the error message and carry on with the installation.
One things for sure.I'm going to think very carefully before I buy any future expansions.
deepace

sorry to bring back an old post...

do you have the digital or retail version of Civ?

Top Bottom