1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Just bought Civ 4 Complete for $6

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Arriaga II, Dec 31, 2010.

1. Arriaga II

Arriaga II Warlord

After playing Civ 3 off and on for the past 9 years, I finally decided to take the plunge on Civ 4 Complete. I have played Civ 4 on a friends computer a couple times.

First game, I randomly got a Hatsuphet/Persia combination on an inland sea map with 6 opponents on Prince. Should be fun. :)

2. snepp

snepp King

I highly recommend the BUG/BULL mod for your future games. It doesn't make any gameplay changes but dramatically improves the game experience (more info and easier to access, UI additions, etc).

3. oldskald

oldskald Warlord

Must admit that I'm quite jealous. I'd love to have that first time (yeah, I know its not exactly your fist time, but hey!) experience once more. Enjoy.

(and I'm sick with jealousy over the price)

4. Ataxerxes

Ataxerxes Deity

Enjoy yourself.:) IV's the best Civ game on the market. Getting a price that low makes everyone jealous. Shows the virtue of patience.

5. Arriaga II

Arriaga II Warlord

Thanks everybody. I got it for that price on Gamersgate.

I've already learned my first civ 4 lesson - maintenance costs. They've shot through the roof, as I've overexpanded and don't yet have Currency or Code of Laws. My science rate has plummeted.

My Japan/Augustus Caesar neighbor got wiped out by barbarian hordes at the beginning, so I really need to get those techs to have the money to expand into the barbarian cities. :D

6. CaptTightpants

CaptTightpants Chieftain

Yeah, that's a common mistake for people moving from Civ 3 and Civ 4.

After you have fun with the game for a while, check out the War Academy section on CFC, especially the intro article for "people who hate Civ4".

Have fun!!!!! :cool: