Just call me crazy...

Every news outlet that covered it stated the exact same story. Notice one of those isn't local also. As I said I refer you to google for further news articles covering the violence. I saw plenty of non-violent protest videos throughout Ferguson as well, you know what that simply isn't what is really going on in this country. The horrible thing about all these anti-police "protests" that are occurring around the country is that they draw out a significant criminal element which turns most of the protests to some degree of violence.

Is there a difference between the 'significant criminal' here and the 'hardened criminal' you were speaking of in the other thread?

Can you provide some sort of glossary so that when you make these sweeping generalizations about these various ill-defined criminal groups I can figure out if they include me or not?

So the local news affiliates are all repeating the same line from the police spokesperson without qualifying and I'm supposed to take it seriously?

Meanwhile you got to see a 10 minute video of peaceful, non-looting, non-vandalizing students being attacked by officers but it's okay because somewhere else by different people there was looting and <finger quotes>explosives</finger quotes>

Of course I certainly wouldn't take civil authorities seriously. No one is telling you to take such propaganda seriously. We all know a 10 minute video of college kids insulting police officers provides the big picture on everything. We all know the police are murderous thugs and people like Michael Brown are cultured and civilized. These things are common sense to anyone and I'm sure most of us haven't abandoned our common sense.

Of course I certainly wouldn't take civil authorities seriously. No one is telling you to take such propaganda seriously. We all know a 10 minute video of college kids insulting police officers provides the big picture on everything. We all know the police are murderous thugs and people like Michael Brown are cultured and civilized. These things are common sense to anyone and I'm sure most of us haven't abandoned our common sense.

So true. America is currently a police state and you must rise up violently. :)

I'm assuming this is sarcasm. This is way out of proportion, imho.

Most of those are sports related, don't tell me people don't riot in Australia over sports. The US is close in population size to Europe so compare the US to all of Europe for example and not just one country, such as Australia.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport...791145930?nk=8112832dd420801cd352ee7427c129bf.

If that incident is the best example of an Australian sports-related riot, we're doing pretty good considering that was barely more than a small street brawl that lasted no more than 30 minutes.

It wasn't sarcasm. I'm not "mocking" you or "contemptuous", only frustrated. Maybe I was being more like satirical, I don't know.
I'm not sure I understand. Sorry.

It's OK. Maybe I'm the one who doesn't understand. I guess I'm just being an apologist for the "establishment". Or maybe I'm the poor white version of an "uncle tom". It's hard for me to know sometimes.

For many people it practically is. Violence is probably not be the best solution but it's completely understandable why people turn to it.

Absolute Rubbish. America has never encountered what a Police State is and the reaction we are seeing are of those who are spoilt and don't understand how much they have and have much more than thos who have suffered.

Absolute Rubbish. America has never encountered what a Police State is and the reaction we are seeing are of those who are spoilt and don't understand how much they have and have much more than thos who have suffered.

Said the poor downtrodden Australian.

Top Bottom