Just for fun: Anyone give their cities weird names?

I was playing as India and I catured a rubbish city off the Persians. I renamed it 'Russiaisbad' (in the style of Ahmedabad or Islamabad) and gifted it to the Russians.

Well i sometimes change the name of my cities to suit the age.
So when im, say, Aztecs, i start with Tenochtitlan and end with Mexico City.

Sometimes i do that with leaders, when playing as England start with Boudica, then end with Victoria (i hate elizabeth II. Please no one respond to me about that).

Probably the strangest I've gotten was to name cities after vehicles. My favorites: Yukon Denali, Escalade, LaCrosee, Lucerne, and sometimes auto brands: GMC, Dodge, etc.

I also like naming my capital after the road I grew up on.

I always change them to the Greek Alphabet.

And if I go over 22 cities (rare), I just change orginal to have Prime after it (Alpha-Prime) or use Neo before the new city (Neo-Beta).

I have done this since Civ3. Maybe even Civ2.

I do this when playing Next War or Final Frontier... You actually uses up all 2 letter combinations: i.e. Alpha Zeta, Omekron Theta, Gamma Epsilon, Kappa Nu... the list goes on and on

I also name my cities by weird Sci-Fi names: Dominicron, Centauri-4, Terra Station 1...

I use fictional cities name's, like Gotham, Midgar, Tiphares, Rabanastre...

Because I always play in huge maps, I have to use many Tolkien's names sooner or later, like Gondor, Númenor...

How do you rename a city in civ4?

In col I used to name them after nearby resources. Vissenbaai, Ertsberg, Pelsenbos, Pelsrivier, Graanvallei etc etc.

Now I don't bother. Although if I conquer an annoying civ who has been attacking me continuously I do feel tempted to change the city names. (evil laughter)

I usually try and think of a comedy theme for my cities. Best and most infantile was naming after slang terms for the parts of the body considered "rude". Cock Town, Arseville, Big Hills and Vage Central all featured.

What can I say, I'm easily amused.

I've done that, but only to the captured cities of particularly frustrating opponents.

In civ3, on really big maps, I would occasionally resort to really utilitarian names, like a code that would tell me where the city is (I think it went something like WC-NS-01, for West Continent, North Sector, City 01)

Oh yeah, certain border towns or ones founded just after meeting particular civs will be named "KillAztecs". I politely explain to their ambassadors that it means something entirely innocuous in our native language....

i name cities after all the pets i've had.

It’s all about theme civilizations
England --- stays England but the leader is Elanor Rigby and all cities are named after Beatles members and songs.
Romans--- turns to Jersey. The leader is Tony Soprano and all cities are named after Dimeo crime members last names or nick names
Khmer-- Stankonia. All cities are named after Outkast members, songs, albums, and lyrics.
China -- Wu-Tang Clan. All cities are named after Wu-Tang albums, members, songs, and other things.

I’m always more attached to theme civilizations than default ones.

I recently created a new civilization for myself based on the "Spartan Federation" from Alpha Centauri.
I wanted unique names for my cities, and I also needed a lot of them as I usually build quite a few.
I decided on this:

A-01-Sparta (Capital)
C-88-Iota
G-57-Psi
F-81-Omega
I-32-Theta
C-13-Epsilon
D-55-Zeta
E-93-Beta
V-02-Gamma
E-53-Delta
H-25-Alpha