Just got my CIV V Strategy Guide!

I checked out http://well-of-souls.com/civ/civ5_cities.html#social_policies

It looks like all policies are known but one:

United Front (Order) ist still missing

EDIT: yea, seek is right. We don't know which promotion one gets for Nationalism, and the bonus for Order itself is missing as well.

United Front was answered on page 3 of this thread by ltarmstrong3:

Other player's city-state influence points decrease 33% faster

EDIT: ninja'd. And @Stealth, they're all known except the ones that aren't known.:crazyeye:

Info on embarked units (i.e. the naval transports) please! Speed (and if English bonus applies) specifically!

heroic epic

100 hammers
culture 1
adds 15% morale bonus to all units constructred in this cirt. requires barracks or krepost in all cities
prereq: iron working

I thought morale was out?

Spcial policies:

They talk about Autocracy and Liberty...

If you invest in one and then want to switch you endure a few turns of anarchy. You end up wasting the policies you invested in...

(seems to imply you completely lose the investment)

Ok, back to work.....may try to answer some questions.....I'll be around this evening if there is anything left to ask! I am guessing others will get the guide today.

Ooo... I was thinking they'd add something like that (the anarchy for social policy switch).

That's a decision you need to make early too... Why would I adopt liberty if I'm going to be a late game warmonger (aka Germany). Honor and Autocracy for me thanks!

So, on the meanest difficulty level, you can't get 3 cities without going unhappy, unless you find some other sources of happiness...some of which you can simply find by exploring. And there are 17 happy res, I hope that they are all available early in the game (like, first 3-4 cheap techs in) instead of having to wait 150 turns before you can use them.

Ok, back to work.....may try to answer some questions.....I'll be around this evening if there is anything left to ask! I am guessing others will get the guide today.

Hey! *shouts out the door as rastak leaves* Bring back some tacos too - and beer. We're out of beer here!

National wonders:

National college
100 hammers
culture 1
adds 50% to this cities science output, must have library or paper maker in all cities
pre req writing

Paper maker must replace the library, same verbage appears for a "barracks or krepost"

Does it say anything about Napoleon's personality? I'm sure I heard he favours land battles and I'm trying to find something that backs that up.

does anyone know if uranium can replace oil at all? Or nuclear fissian allow carriers?

From what i can see uranium cannot replace oil.
The only military units i can see uranium/nuclear fission supporting are Atomic Bomb, Nuclear Missle (with Advanced Ballistics), & Giant Death Robot

Is the Strategy Guide worth buying?
Obviously while we are waiting it is invaluable. But after Tuesday, is there any information in there that won't be in the game or on-line?

Thanks.
First time Poster. Long time lurker, like 5 years long.

Top Bottom