[GS] Just Lost over 100,000 gold in one turn! (Fixed)

Tyroq

Warlord
So I just lost literally all my money, over 100,000 gold (with an income over 1k per turn) in just a single turn. It went to negative 13,000 which doesn't even make sense. I did just catch a Norwegian spy trying to siphon funds. But that would mean its mission failed, yes? So that shouldn't do it... also, what kind of spy has ever managed to steal 100,000 gold on a mission? So this is frustrating and makes no sense. How can I fix it?
Here's a screenshot the turn it happened.
20190313211910_1.jpg

Did you build Big Ben that turn? There is a known bug with Big Ben that can sometimes cause your gold to overflow into a negative value.

I did complete Big Ben that turn! So, is there a fix or at least a workaround for that?

If you have a save from the turn before this occurred, we would love to take a look. Big Ben could certainly have contributed to the result. A save would help us make sure we squashed it.

If you have a save from the turn before this occurred, we would love to take a look. Big Ben could certainly have contributed to the result. A save would help us make sure we squashed it.

I have an auto save from I think 1 or 2 turns before. I'll share it when I get home from work later. Should I post it here or message it to someone?
I've built Big Ben quite a bit over the years, and this is the first time I've seen any problem with it affecting my money (if that is the case). Is there a problem with having so much money that it gets glitchy when you have too much gold? I was going to try spending a bunch the turn before Big Ben is completed and seeing if that helps. Maybe buy a bunch of GP or something.

Looks like this thread on reddit is relevant to my issue. They're saying 75k is the limit to avoid this gold bug with Big Ben. https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/arqocm/bug_went_bankrupt_after_building_big_ben/

Last edited:
I have an auto save from I think 1 or 2 turns before. I'll share it when I get home from work later. Should I post it here or message it to someone?
I've built Big Ben quite a bit over the years, and this is the first time I've seen any problem with it affecting my money (if that is the case). Is there a problem with having so much money that it gets glitchy when you have too much gold? I was going to try spending a bunch the turn before Big Ben is completed and seeing if that helps. Maybe buy a bunch of GP or something.

Looks like this thread on reddit is relevant to my issue. They're saying 75k is the limit to avoid this gold bug with Big Ben. https://www.reddit.com/r/civ/comments/arqocm/bug_went_bankrupt_after_building_big_ben/

Yes that is right.

The workaround is to load to the turn before building Big Ben and spend a lot of your gold. Enough so that you won't overflow into negative. Buy lots of buildings, units, or Great People with your excess gold.

Attached is the save file from the turn before. I delayed Big Ben until the turn after catching the spy, and as you'll be able to see that gave me time to spend about 40k to lower my reserves as per the advice above. But 77k is still enough to cause the bug. So after this I tried to lower it even more and got it down to 49k, and then everything was fine. Ive gone on to play several more turns after this without incident.

Having that much gold is just plain greedy. Was there a Corbyn government?

Merchant Republic. So... same thing?

Attachments

• Gathering Storm - Maori.Civ6Save
    2.5 MB · Views: 166
I had about 60k gold and then completed big ben
and then I had 60k gold but negative

Name says it all
:(

I had about 60k gold and then completed big ben
and then I had 60k gold but negative

Name says it all
:(

Try doing what I did. Reload to just before completion and spend like you're up for re-election. Get your treasury under 50k and you should be fine.

Patch notes state that this has been fixed:
  • Fixed an overflow that some players noticed when they had large amounts of gold and completed Big Ben, which gives a 50% gold bonus.

Top Bottom