Just played a viking game not vikingly at all

myclan

King
Start among plain hill on the coast, no tile to farm nor fresh water, almost impossible to grow to size 3. So start a settler just after a scout and worker. The korean and kongo are so close that my 3rd city will face serious loyalty and diplomacy problem.

The vast tundra and snow on the south also means serious barbarian problem. So I beeline for archery and wheel to defense myself. Without gold providing luxury resource or commercial CS you even don't have enough gold to upgrade a slinger to archer and thank AI who send you a delegation like God.

Lucily I have 1 iron in both my capital and 2nd city after the discover of Bronze Working. So go for iron working and send a trader to a CS just to earn gold for upgrading. At last I succed to upgrade 2 and sacrifice a heavy chariot to plunder a trader for the 3rd and hard built the 4th. With battering ram I take the only 2 korean city and one she captured from mapuche. Earning 1200 gold from the emergency.

With iron and so much gold I go for Fedualism and Stirrup. Build more heavry chariot and upgrade them into Knight. But classical age is ending faster than I thought and I will be forced into a golden age. So there is no choice but declare war on Mapuche before my normal classical age ends.

Lucky again Mapuche doesn't have a large army and when I finally have to enter Medievial my knight wipe him out. Now I'm aiming at Scythia with my knight.

So until now I even don't have time to research sailing and build a ship, nor bothering Military Tactics for Berserker or holy site for stave church. It seems that I'm playing Viking at all. In Civ6 every game will be more or less diffent depending more on your map, than which civilization you are playing.

Sounds like an interesting start. :D
Spoiler :

So here is the map. Nidaros is the capital while kristiansand is the 2nd and stavanger is the 3rd. All the others rob from other civilization (including 2 settlers).

Another picture showing how interesting this map is. It have 4 continents like a stripe!
Spoiler :

Last edited:
Top Bottom