1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Just Sent My War Chariot into a Ruin...

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Dreadnought, Jul 27, 2012.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

... and it upgraded into a Knight.

How this is remotely fair, I have no idea. It'll be fun though, chopping through AI warriors and archers with this beast.

2. Itstrucktwice

Itstrucktwice Chieftain

Not as bad as when you used to send a warrior island hopping and would up with a mechanized infantry before the AI had swordsman.

3. thadian

thadian Kami of Awakened Dreamers

*rubs eyes* i thought you couldn't upgrade past first era units? wow. I got rifleman on turn <30 before but never a mech infantry!

chariot archer into a knight... wow.

4. Dreadnought

Dreadnought Deity

Yep. I had no idea it worked that way.

5. PhilBowles

PhilBowles Deity

Knight is the next unit on the Chariot Archer upgrade path - with one exception (Warriors > Spearmen), the ruins will give you the next upgrade your unit can have. The design flaw's not with the ruin, it's with the upgrade path - either they should have done what they did with crossbowmen, and added later ranged cavalry units, or the CA should upgrade into a Horseman.

6. FeiLing

FeiLing Deity

or it shouldn't get an upgrade ruin (simple unable to roll one, instead gets a random other one). just like you can not get any tech from a ruin past the 2nd row (calender, writing, etc).