Just thought I'd put this out there..

SpaceHamster06

Chieftain
First off, hello guys; New to both Civ forums and CIV5 (but not gaming in general, far from it!)

I've casually been browsing various forums which is something I tend to do and, often tend to regret these days, when I'm getting in to a game that is new to me. I found that I'd get a lot of new players asking to play with me. The idea hasn't appealed to me, being new, for reasons I'll just assume are obvious.

Anyway, to the point;

I've played and won two full games and learned a lot as you'd expect. on the following settings;

#1 England (God save the queen, I guess?) Standard size, Epic speed, Deity. Fractal. Ended with a domination victory but to be honest I didn't really know what victory I was planning for; Pre turn 10 evaluation given map and start was domination was likely.

#2 Carthage (Never did like Dido). Same settings on Archipelago. Domination victory again.

I've thought about playing on large maps but I'm not sure what the repercussions would be on difficulty inflation. I'm 100% new to the Civ franchise, but I did do a little research before I ever even played my first game and I got to thinking, while people were asking to co-op and realizing people want to learn to play...

I thought I'd ask if there are any experienced Deity players out there thinking about picking Civ V back up with the announcement of Civ 6 (Because let's be honest, even I know the odds of a good launch are slim to none), that would consider a little co-op through steam with me, that way I can learn from experience, have more fun, a little social action, I have a dedicated TS server I've been running for a few years and all of that. Figured that if you've been playing civ 5 for a while it might offer a fresh experience to you at the same time.

Seems like the best way to learn to me, again just a thought I had after seeing so many people ask for help.

See you around the forums :)

Top Bottom