Just want to change the beastman civ little bit

tipwong

Chieftain
How to change the civ to have the tundra and/or snow tile +1food bonus in normal ffh2? I mean like malakim have +1 commerce on desert tile and illian have +2 food on ice tile. I know there are some mods that changes that , but I do want to have it in vanilla ffh as the modmods are too complicate for me.

you should give them a starting technology unique to that race with those bonuses.

But i want to do it like malakim i.e.they don't have to be like lanun to have seafaring tech, but still have +1 commerce in desert.
And i am new to editing.

Open

Fall from Heaven 2\Assets\XML\Terrain\Civ4TerrainInfos.xml

Under the TERRAIN_TUNRDA place just before the end of the TUNDRA section (</TerrainInfo>):

<CivilizationYieldType>CIVILIZATION_DOVIELLO</CivilizationYieldType>
<CivilizationYieldChange>
<iYield>1</iYield>
<iYield>0</iYield>
<iYield>0</iYield>
</CivilizationYieldChange>

I know how to do it now, simply edit the terrain xml file.:D
But how to make malakim only able to farm, build cottage in the desert?

reply to lone wolf - just find it by myself. But thanks for your teaching anyway:p

But how to make malakim only able to farm, build cottage in the desert?
That's not directly supported, afaik. It's possible to do that by making unique Malakim versions of farms and cottages that can only be built on desert, and giving them an unique starting technology which allows the Malakim to build these versions.

Thanks again! More questions may be asked:p(depend on whether fresh and interested enough to change something more):)

Actually, farms can already be built in deserts. If they could not, then it would not be possible to build them on flood planes.

The issue is that farms and cottages are only permitted on tiles that already provide at least 1 food:
Code:
			<PrereqNatureYields>
				<iYield>1</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>0</iYield>
			</PrereqNatureYields>

If you edit Civ4TerrainInfos.xml so that the Malakim get food from normal deserts then they will be able to build both farms and cottages there, just like how the Illians can build farms and cottages on snow.

Code:
			<CivilizationYieldType>CIVILIZATION_MALAKIM</CivilizationYieldType>
			<CivilizationYieldChange>
				[B]<iYield>1</iYield>[/B]
				<iYield>0</iYield>
				<iYield>1</iYield>
			</CivilizationYieldChange>

There is no reason to add a new technology.

It, however, would mean that the Malakim get +1 extra food on floodplains as well.

Unless you also changed them to get one less food from floodplains. And nevermind I don't know what I'm talking about.

Unfortunately there is not a way to give specific civilizations different yields for features like flood plains in base FfH2 (like there is in some modmods).

Top Bottom