just want to say this game has amazing soundtrack

monotonous

Chieftain
hi, i'm a civ 3 fan but i don't play civ 4 because my laptop is junk but i have been listening to the soundtrack on youtube for a while, and i got say it's just amazing, i mean i have never found better music to listen when i study, and some classic pieces from bach, beethoven and others (sorry i don't remember their names) i have replayed them all day sometimes, lately i have been listening beethoven's romance no 1 in g major, i assume it's used in industrial age, it's just so beautiful

You should try it someday; having played civ3 & 4 I can say that civ4's unit promotions & city maintenance systems are a vast improvement compared to the combat & corruption in civ3. And civ4's almost 7 years old now so it shouldn't be too hard to find a cheap laptop that can run it decently

Definitely one of the best game soundtracks around.
And theme song is just a masterpiece. Tin is beast.

The regular game soundtrack is meh. Once you listen to the Fall From Heaven soundtrack, you'll never go back.

The soundtrack from BTS is good but fall from heaven soundtrack is good too.

So far my favorite soundtrack is from Sword of Islam, though it's very geographically specific.

The regular game soundtrack is meh. Once you listen to the Fall From Heaven soundtrack, you'll never go back.
Did you just call Bach, Brahms, Purcell, Mozart, Dvorak and Adams "meh"...?!:eek:

The FFH soundtrack doesn't really have enough songs, the songs that are available got old really quickly. I usually have to turn off the soundtrack now. The songs are great when something really epic is going on, but most of the time it just gets oversaturated when I'm just managing my empire.

That is one thing the vanilla soundtrack is great for. I enjoy the music, but it's simple enough that it's something nice to just have continually in the background.

Some of the diplomacy music is especially great.
Ragnar from Medieval to Industrial and Catherine's Industrial are personal favorites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UByG7-lwkVU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spfwcKpsnj0

Classical isn't for all ;)

I think there are few games that match Civ4's very nice soundtrack. San Andreas might be better

:faint: I fail to see how one could even make a connection between the two. It's like comparing Little Miss Sunshine to Erazorhead. I mean yeah, both are movies, but... yeah, that's about it, as far as similarities go.

However it's one thing to say "classical" (and is minimalism actually classical music? Who can say?) isn't everyone's taste, it's a whole other thing to call it "meh".

:faint: I fail to see how one could even make a connection between the two. It's like comparing Little Miss Sunshine to Erazorhead. I mean yeah, both are movies, but... yeah, that's about it, as far as similarities go.

However it's one thing to say "classical" (and is minimalism actually classical music? Who can say?) isn't everyone's taste, it's a whole other thing to call it "meh".

Meh to him. You'll get over it princess ;).

Meh to him. You'll get over it princess ;).
I don't need to get over anything. If someone can't appreciate Mozart, it's not my probem. It's his, sugar [pimp]

Obviously, they both have very different soundtracks, but in the terms of providing background music that is both good and suits the environment of the game, it can be said that both San Andreas and Civ4 have accomplished this the best.

Obviously, they both have very different soundtracks, but in the terms of providing background music that is both good and suits the environment of the game, it can be said that both San Andreas and Civ4 have accomplished this the best.
Yes, I agree, but there is absolutely no sane way to directly compare the music of CIV with the soundtrack of San Andreas.

Yes that's what I meant just didn't explain it very well :p

Top Bottom