Just won my first game on Monarch!

Congratulations. The first win is always the hardest.

Me too!! Kublai Khan on Pangea and Epic speed (Warlords not BtS). Horse in BFC, so build horseys, elephants and catapults the whole game. Only founded one city, the rest all conquered. Conquest in 1500s AD, score about 60k, mainly because population not high enough. Had to concentrate on teching to guilds before killing final AI because he had engineering and guilds.

Order of elimination:

Monty (before he got Jags)
Brennus (before Gallic Warrior)
J Caesar (he had one Praetorian before I disconnect iron)
Napoleon (he had spearman and longbow by then, me keshiks only)
Churchill (longbows, but he gifted me Construction at Please!! I repaid favour with elephants and cats)
Huayna (capitulated)

First win on Warlords Monarch with pure military focus. Feels unnatural as I am a builder.

Thanks to Mitchbk(??) for the strategy.

wow way to go. I made Bismark and SB my vassal and then I rushed the space ship. Luckily, outta nowhere Willem wanted to be my vassal.

I have never landed my spaceship earlier than 1950. I am lousy at tech trading and diplomacy. My next game I need to try a builder type game perhaps with Ramesses. As I am playing on Warlords, perhaps just for laughs, I will also try a culture victory (which I find pretty boring...but oh well...)

I have never landed my spaceship earlier than 1950. I am lousy at tech trading and diplomacy. My next game I need to try a builder type game perhaps with Ramesses. As I am playing on Warlords, perhaps just for laughs, I will also try a culture victory (which I find pretty boring...but oh well...)

Haha yeah, culture is boring. Idk what my play style is, I wouldn't say I war-monger cuz I don't like to war that much, so I guess more of a builder/tech kinda guy.

Top Bottom