1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Kämpfer: New Magical Girl Type Unit....

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Unit Graphics' started by Hikaro Takayama, Nov 17, 2011.

1. Hikaro Takayama

Hikaro Takayama a.k.a Laura

Well, I've recently decided to get back into unit making, and as a way to both unlimber my somewhat atrophied unit making skills and partially to try and reclaim my title as the master of transforming units, I decided to make one based off of Natsuru from the Japanese Anime Kämpfer.....

Those familliar with the series will know that it is kind of a parody of the Magical Girl genre, and that Natsuru is a guy who changes into a magical girl, thanks to some executive meddling by those who hand out magical girl powers....

Apparently, Kämpfer is not the only anime/doujinshi to do this: At least one spinoff series from Futari wa Pretty Cure has the main character be a gender-bender magical girl, and then there's the webcomic, Sparkling Generation Valkyrie Yuuki, which fits in the same general pattern.

Since there has (to the best of my knowledge) not been any gender-bender units made to date, I decided to see if I could convincingly pull it off, and I think I've succeeded fairly well, but I'll let you be the judge of that:

Download Here

....Too bad I didn't have him/her ready in time for the Decade Awards competition, because (s)he would have probably won the "Wierdest WTF Unit Ever" award. :lol:

2. Sword_Of_Geddon

Sword_Of_Geddon Mysterious Jungle Warrior

Its good to see you still got your unit making skills HT, I hope all is going well with you.

Nice work..:goodjob:

3. Ares de Borg

Ares de Borg Norman Knight

Btw, Kämpfer is German and means "fighter".

Interesting and well made unit. Good work!

4. Virote_Considon

Virote_Considon The Great Dictator

Awesome work! :goodjob:

Y'know, I'd have use for both forms of the unit in IE somewhere down the line. The suited guy as a generic management-type bloke (can never have enough :D) and the girl as perhaps some kind of intern secretary-type unit (there's already an interns resource :))

5. Hikaro Takayama

Glad you guys like him/her! :D

Ja, ich verstehe.... (I understand) The anime/manga series that bears the same name is heavily laden with gratuitous German... I.e. there are three classes of Kämpfer: Schwert (Sword, but in this case, means melee fighters), Gewehr (Rifle, but again, any gun class) and Zauber (Sorcery, but in this case, magic users).... One of the Schwert class Kämpfer (who is a girl all the time) actually wields Sword-Chucks, yo!

In addition, the anime episode titles are all in German (yes, I know German titles on a Japanese anime, but the Japanese seem to like using random German words ALMOST as much as they do random English :lol: )

@Virote: I'll keep that in mind... Although I DO have the Rufus Shinra king unit (although he's packing heat) and my Girl Agent (who has a sniper rifle) might work for the intern... In fact, the outfit she's wearing is a typical "Office Lady" outfit that Japanese Administrative Assistants and Interns would wear (well, not the hat, usually, but everything else fits)... I may get around to doing variants of this unit, but I've got a few more units for my modded Playground Mod and a TON of Final Fantasy mod units in the pipeline, though...

6. Grandraem

Grandraem Alchemist

Great work, Hikaro! And excellent job on the transformation!!! You pulled it off perfectly. :goodjob:

7. Balthasar

Balthasar Wise Man

Really good morph, Hikaro. You're great at morphing. I'd like to see you do a human/animal morph someday.

8. Hikaro Takayama

Well, I'm eventually thinking about doing a whole series of magical girls, and there is this one magical girl series called "Tokyo Mew-Mew" where all the magical girls turn into animal-girls (i.e. cat-girl, wolf-girl, etc)... Unless your talking about COMPLETE animal transformation as opposed to anthropomorphic animals, that is. ;)

Glad you like it Grandraem. :D

9. Jord Kells

Jord Kells Virgo

ditto :)

full morph and anthro-promorphic both work

Arachno-guy (man w/ spider abilities becomes bipedal giant spider) :goodjob:

10. nick0515

nick0515 Dad, Librarian, Writer, GNU/Linux User, ☭

Very cool unit Hikaro! The morphing is fantastic. I only wish I had a use for it.

11. Vuldacon

Vuldacon Chieftain

12. Hikaro Takayama

Glad you guys all like him/her! Happy Thanksgiving... My Thanksgiving "Gift" to the forums will be posted soon.