Kai's Olde Worlde Mappe

kairob

Biohazard
Hey, I thought with the new version out I would make a map for one of my favourite mods; the Warhammer mod by EmbryoDead, Mrtn, Aaglo, and Mr Do (Link here).

http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/59217/Kai_s_Olde_Worlde_v1.2.biq

The map I have made covers the olde worlde (read "oldy worldy" ;)), new world, the Northern most parts of the Southlands and the chaos wastes centered around the collapsed Polar Gate.

Ok I have put in the resources as accurately as I know, same with rivers. Any comments and suggestions will be listened to (and probably implemented). I have tried to make the terrain, strategic resources and luxury resources realistically and then use bonus resources and fiddled with the terrain to make it good gameplay. :)

The civs on the map are;
The Empire
Bretonia
Tilia
Estelia
Marienburg
Kislev
Sylvania
Loren
Ulthuan
Naggaroth
Lizardmen
Dwarves
Orcs
Goblins
Khemri
Araby
Chaos
Norsca
Albion
Skaven
Hordes of Chaos
Beasts of Chaos
Amazons

Preview:
Spoiler :

New version 1.1 is out :). Naggaroth and Ulthuan should settle better and the Dwarves should also build more cities. Araby is slightly stronger with 3 food resaurces added to thier "area". Khemri's starting city is no longer coastal. Brettonia has been almost completely redone as I got the Brettonian army book and didn't like what I had done.

Version 1.2 is now out :). The are several interesting changes made. Hope you enjoy :). Also the civs should be more balanced, the amazons and beastmen in the new world should stop them from being quite as boring and civs like nippon wont appear if you leave the civ options on random :).

Yeah but I checked the siz compared to one I generated that I checked was standard and scytails standard at it looked the same size as both of those, so I am pretty sure its standard size.

Anyways changed the tilean polinsula's and updated the .biq and preview. :)

Much better! Downloading!

Wait - if I changed the original biq, I mean, I didn`t save my version as WH2.5X or someting like that, my changes will apply to your map, right? Cos your .biq imports/follows the rules of the original WH .biq. Or no?

Wait, it doesn`t, does it? It is a clone of the original .biq, it just has a map. *sigh.. I`ll let the guys test it out first, so I don`t screw up around 50 changes with a patch. :mischief:

The only changes are what terrain some recaurces can go on, other than that its the same. So if ya import all the rules but those for terrain/recaurses from your modded .biq ya should have your changes on the map. Alternatly if you pm/email your .biq I could put it the map on it for you and send back a special one:)

Yeah, so I have to implement my own changes to your map too.. I`m to tired to do that today, so no gaming report from me any time soon, sorry, buddy! I`ll play when the others have tested it, so it will be safe for me to change stuff to my liking (the mod stuff, not your map)

This looks very good. But one question: Doesn't the right continent look a lot like Europe, the Middle East, and Africa??

Spoiler :

Well, there is no equivalent of Greece, and you missed Germany off, Also the bit you marked red sea is just a big river, but other than that you got it ;).

My map is based on several official maps made by games workshop. And you’re right it is incredibly similar to Europe, the Middle East and Africa.

just dont import the terrain rules, cos then some recaurces will go ;).

Also I see your point about the pollution it does look a bit wierd, its ment to be the fallout from the polar collapse, and it looked wierd when it was just on the ground, I'll think this over :).

oooh, I am not using the Iceberg terrain, I could just rename it, although then it wouldn't look polluted...

I can't see why it wouldn't work but I dont want to mess up people's normal game and I dont have masses of experiance.

I like your map, looks like it was hard work to make :)
I might just download it ;)

Top Bottom