Kamemeha's Polynesia Scenario

M_85

Chieftain
Have now completed two games ( one as Hiva and one as Tonga ). Reaching the end of
the game ( Wins ) I was working on the Utopia Project in both cases and had completed all 3 of the"policies" and their branches.

Wanted to extend the game and finish Utopia so chose the "One more turn"
option. All proceeded normally until the game asked to chose a new "Policy" !

As there were none to choose from I was "stuck" !
In the last game, I ran it out until I also had no unit movement left and at that point, again could not proceed beyond the game asking for me to chose a new "policy" !
:cry:

Well good job, how'd you do it? I've tried out this scenario before and failed because the leading civilization was ahead of me by a social policy.

If you look at the "Policies" tree you will see that one ( believe it's the "middle one" )
gives you an advantage by letting you acquire "policies" faster.
Anyway I've now finished all but Tonga, winning in one case with three (!) more "policies" than my closest rival.
You need to build a LOT of linked cities - expand as fast as you can and then link with either Harbors or Seaports. I try to find larger islands with at least 2 or more hexes to settle. Food can become a problem so I also build farms whenever given the chance. Frigates are good when they become available particularly when going after a city that sits on just one hex.
Other than that, I just wait until about mid-game then start eliminating and annexing the smaller cities - I keep two or more units "exploring" and when my main rival civ. is located, start sending settlers to surround him.

Hope this helps ... :goodjob:

Top Bottom