Karls Lovely Guide To Cheating

Karl Townsend

Prince
Cheating

Without Using Worldbuilder
Yes You heard it there is a way to cheat Without the worldbuilder

The Must Dos Before Starting Civ 4 (And I Mean It)

Goto The Cvi 4 Ini File

at at this command

; Move along
CheatCode = 0

Change To

; Move along
CheatCode = chipotle

This will enable cheats for you to use at your own free will
Dont enable lock modified assets

Now For the cheats

These first lot you must be in the city screen to do these

Press Shift + and your population will increase by one
press Ctrl + To add 10 culture to your city
Press + to finsh whatever your constructing

Now With a unit highlighted

Press Control + to instaly promote him
Press shift ]

to increase his strengh by 0.2

Now with Nothing highlighted

ctril 4 increase gold by 1000
ctrl + shift + left mouse button creates a city wereever you mouse is pointing
+ instaly reserch tech

After a while you done this and want to play without cheating turn lock modifed assets on casue otherwise you will go the whole game wnating to cheat

or you might accendenly press the + button finshing a citys production

either way
thats my wonderful guide to cheating

grtz karl

VirusMonster said:
I always found worldbuilder cheat pretty time consuming. This cheat is just great.:goodjob:

Indeed, this is time consuming. I have a better solution for you: open the hall of fame file and write your name on deity level with a zillion points.

No, wait, I have an even better idea: just tell everyone and publish anywhere you can that you have just finished deity with a zillion points. I mean, why bother wasting a single minute, right?

Call me old fashioned, but still, I don't see the point in cheating. Can you enlighten me please ?

tzvika2 said:
Call me old fashioned, but still, I don't see the point in cheating. Can you enlighten me please ?

Which Heinlein novel was it where one of the characters said, excitedly, "He cheats at solitaire! I've seen him!"? It was an accusation of the highest order, akin to talking in the theater.

Yeah, I don't see the point either.

RemoWilliams said:
Which Heinlein novel was it where one of the characters said, excitedly, "He cheats at solitaire! I've seen him!"? It was an accusation of the highest order, akin to talking in the theater.

That's from Podkayne of Mars. Podkayne's little brother Clark was being framed for something and he said that line as he was being taken away.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Podkayne_of_Mars

I don't remember anymore details than that. It wasn't one of Heinlein's best.

Cheating huh? So, why does this post belong in Strategy Articles?

RemoWilliams said:

Its to be allowed to PLAY the game by the rules you want to PLAY it by. Its not to be a challenge, its to have fun. (although that means that this really doesn't belong in the Strategy section)

I used to play Sim City this way. Sometimes it's not winning the game itself, but the building of an empire the thing you want to do.

If those are the only debug commands that you've opened up, you aren't even scratching the surface yet. There's a LOT more than can be done in debug mode, and no, I'm not spilling the beans. You'll just have to figure it out for yourselves. :D

i still didn't enter the world builder after 6 months...
need to try it once :lol:

as for cheating, i can see the point in a total fun game (giving yourself level 12 warrior to kick axemen ?) but it's not something you'd do more than once...
Surprise fades...

An even better cheat! You must be good at convincing yourself, though... Start at game on difficulty level Settler. Then, try to forget you just did that. Tell anyone you think cares (this includes yourself), that you're playing on Deity. Put a post-it sticker on the side of your screen saying "Really hard Deity-game".
You're gonna kick ass!

Then, when you win, the sticker can be used to cover the place on the screen in HOF that sais "Settler". Have fun!!

Clownfish said:
An even better cheat! You must be good at convincing yourself, though... Start at game on difficulty level Settler. Then, try to forget you just did that. Tell anyone you think cares (this includes yourself), that you're playing on Deity. Put a post-it sticker on the side of your screen saying "Really hard Deity-game".
You're gonna kick ass!

Then, when you win, the sticker can be used to cover the place on the screen in HOF that sais "Settler". Have fun!!

Seeing how fast you can pull off a space race or diplo win in settler can be fun, and requires some skill. I managed 1332 blast-off before the patch.

But you're right, that's why I don't see the point of cheating. Playing settler difficulty is already cheating enough, you get huge bonuses over the AI.

what's the point in playing if you already know the outcome? why read a book, watch game, etc. if you already know the ending? no thanks, i enjoy the thrill to much to start a game knowing i will have unlimited money, production and my units are unstoppable. granted, this is a goal, but to earn it is rewarding when cheating isn't.

my thoughts. play on.

I use world builder to test things out, than I kill someone with my newfound knowledge :p

Krikkitone said:
Its to be allowed to PLAY the game by the rules you want to PLAY it by. Its not to be a challenge, its to have fun. (although that means that this really doesn't belong in the Strategy section)

"No, officer, it wasn't murder, I was just following the laws I wanted to follow." :goodjob:

tzvika2 said:

Some people like to cheat. Deal with it. If you don't like it, don't do it. Simple eh? I cheat, I admit it, but only because it's a pain in the azz working on your empire for 3-4 hours, and then one stupid mistake costs you the game, lot easier to just delete those pesky tanks in the world builder than to start over, thanks!

i have to agree with the no cheaters on this now every time i play a game in the back of my mind there will be a liitle elf telling me to cheat cheat cheat. :cry::mad: :( :sad:

jkp1187 said:
"No, officer, it wasn't murder, I was just following the laws I wanted to follow." :goodjob:

Yes I'm afraid I'm going to have to arrest you... you touched the ball with your hands in footbal... and its not even a properly shaped ball. No I can't let you off just cause your an American, what you say you play by different rules... hmmph, like you get to Choose the rules you play by.

Now Jonny, remember when your playing with your army men your cheating if you make them fly, they cant do that unless you but the army men with the jetpacks. So if I see you making those army men fly that's no dessert tonight.

In a GAME you choose the rules you play by (now when you are talking to other people, and say you were playing a game called "X" you imply that you are playing with certain generally known rules.... but if you say I was playing a VERSION of "X" where every fourth Card gives you three points.... well you aren't cheating you are just playing a version of X.)

You are Cheating when you are playing a different game thatn you Tell people you are playing (especially people you are playing with)

[QUOTE=Krikkitone]Yes I'm afraid I'm going to have to arrest you... you touched the ball with your hands in footbal... and its not even a properly shaped ball. No I can't let you off just cause your an American, what you say you play by different rules... hmmph, like you get to Choose the rules you play by.

Now Jonny, remember when your playing with your army men your cheating if you make them fly, they cant do that unless you but the army men with the jetpacks. So if I see you making those army men fly that's no dessert tonight.

In a GAME you choose the rules you play by (now when you are talking to other people, and say you were playing a game called "X" you imply that you are playing with certain generally known rules.... but if you say I was playing a VERSION of "X" where every fourth Card gives you three points.... well you aren't cheating you are just playing a version of X.)

You are Cheating when you are playing a different game thatn you Tell people you are playing (especially people you are playing with)[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more. I may try this out.

Top Bottom