Kazakhstan Diplomacy

Lord Parkin

aka emperor
We need to send a diplomatic "hi" message to Kazakhstan. It's kind of depressing how advanced they are - obviously they're already involved in a tech alliance, probably with SANCTA or Cavaleiros (or both). I don't think there's much point in trying to open trade relations with them (not that we'd have anything to offer them anyway).

Proposed message:

Greetings, Kazakhstan!

We are pleased to notice that our two nations met this turn! Our citizens would like to extend a warm welcome to your people. :)

Our people are very curious to know where the homeland of your sailors is located - east or south, near or far? We have unfortunately had some bad luck with regards to scouting over the previous centuries, so any hints or tips for directions to explore would be greatly appreciated.

We are impressed by your level of technological advancement - clearly you have powerful friends. It is sad that Saturn has been isolated for so long, and has fallen behind as a result. Perhaps you would consider extending a generous hand to our poor nation at some stage. We would certainly be open to negotiation, and would be willing to return any favours or kind shows of heart. Maybe it would be possible to coordinate our research, so that we could obtain a tech that you do not already have?

Hopefully our two nations will be able to arrange a mutually cooperative, peaceful and prosperous future together. We look forward to hearing back from you soon. :)

Sincerely,
Lord Parkin of Saturn

P.S. You can contact us either by PM, or at our email account: saturn.mtdg@gmail.com.
Any thoughts or suggestions? Probably good if we send something off within the next day.

I think you should stick a suggestion for coordinated research in there... there are still several techs they don't have and if we could get two for the price of one that would be great.

Good idea Joshua. It would be beneficial to know, if there are techs that no one is researching at the moment. We could try to ask this also from Mad Scientists, even if it is harder for them to know, but if they have met everyone they might have a clue.

i want to cry :cry::cry: looks like we will have really hard times...

btw Co-op research is our only hope... so go for it !

We received this from Kaz:

Hello Team Saturn,

Nice to meet you

We have a team email account that we use for official communications. Do you have one too?

Donsig is our foreign minister btw, you can also pm him. Who is your main diplomacy contact?

Email us at kazakhstan.civ4@googlemail.com

I think you should stick a suggestion for coordinated research in there... there are still several techs they don't have and if we could get two for the price of one that would be great.
Good point. Stuck it into the email above. Will send it off now.

Good idea Joshua. It would be beneficial to know, if there are techs that no one is researching at the moment. We could try to ask this also from Mad Scientists, even if it is harder for them to know, but if they have met everyone they might have a clue.
Our initial email to Mad Scientists kind of implied tech coordination. However, they STILL haven't gotten back to us. I'm getting rather annoyed with them rather quickly, to be honest - it's downright rude to take so long to respond to a message. At the very least they could send an acknowledgment that they received our message, even if they haven't finished fully discussing their in-character response.

Sent message in first post to Kazakhstan.

See MS diplomacy thread...

A really freaking weird message from Sommerswerd (yes, it was all caps). :confused:

HEY BUDDY, DO YOU WANT AN ALLIANCE WITH THE GLORIOUS KAZAKHS? PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR MSN IF YOU WANT TO TALK...

Sent a quick reply:

My MSN is:

unknownman102{at}hotmail{dot}com

However, I should point out in advance that email/PM is our preferable medium for team communication. Any chats will be limited because I'll have to talk with my team before committing to anything.

Any particular reason for all caps, by the way? :confused:

- LP

Hmmm

YES WE WANT AN ALLIANCE LET'S MAKE IT A TECH ALLIANCE PLEASE TO BE GIVING US ALL OF YOUR TECHS

From Sommerswerd:

Just trying to reach out... I understand that we can't make a treaty over MSN ;) As for the Caps... just an oversight... Ooops sorry :blush:

From Kaleb:

Hi there,

We've sent you an in-game message :)

To Sommerswerd:

Hi Sommerswerd,

Okay, looking forward to hearing from you. I'm on MSN for a few hours most days. Just give me a time that suits.

Cheers,
- LP

To Kaleb:

Hi Kaleb,

Just for future reference, please don't send in-game messages as they're extremely easy to miss or get lost. Apart from the buggyness of the in-game chat, it's possible that someone will log in (perhaps a new player) and forget or neglect to post the diplomacy. Thus we'd never even know that we'd been contacted.

Please use PM or email in future. :)

Cheers,
- LP

Hmmm

YES WE WANT AN ALLIANCE LET'S MAKE IT A TECH ALLIANCE PLEASE TO BE GIVING US ALL OF YOUR TECHS
:lol: Yeah, that might have been a good response... :D

Why didn't he tell us about requesting open borders earlier? We need to discuss these things... :confused:

I wonder if he means a gift with respect to Sailing, or not. It's not entirely clear from context.

Well it's an OB request, that has to be done in game. We've resent the request as whoever logged in from your side hasn't accepted.

We will get sailing very soon and we'd like to be able to trade with you, it will benefit both of us.

In the meantime we would also like to pass your borders with our wb. Please can you accept our request.

Sent a reply. By the way, I'll try not to do this too often - sending replies without giving anyone time to comment. I try to only do it for situations where I'm merely clarifying things or giving general information about demogames. :)

Not sure if you're familiar with these games or not, but it's generally standard practice to ask about things through PM/email before you request them in-game. :) This even goes for something as trivial as open borders. Although we're likely to accept in this case, you do need to give us some warning in future so we have time to discuss any deals. A request out of nowhere isn't likely to be accepted. ;)

With regards to Sailing, are you saying that you're willing to gift us the technology? It's not quite clear from context. If that's the case, that's very generous of you indeed, and we'd be very grateful. :)

Kind regards,
Lord Parkin of Saturn

In my opinion, they aren't offering gift to us. To me it seems they want to open trade routes and also check if we've resources to trade with them. I don't know exactly how trade routes work, but I assume we won't benefit from them unless we've found their borders and have sailing. Nevertheless we are in a position where we need to be friendly and open our borders, even if they seem quite arrogant.

You're probably right, they may just mean resource trades.

And yeah, they do seem to be a bit arrogant. I guess we'll just deal with it for now.

Top Bottom