1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kazakhstan Embassy

Discussion in 'Team SANCTA' started by General_W, Feb 12, 2009.

1. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

I don't even really understand it either, it'd be the first to be captured if we attacked, and if we attacked we'd make sure we had enough troops to take it. Sure it's good land, but if we attacked it'd be one of the first things to go anyway.

2. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

This is a great point John! We should get our diplomats to use it wisely.:D

I can totally see us signing some sort of NAP with Kaz if means they attack Cav. Now, I would always keep building troops for TKY and Zero, because I don't trust Kaz at all, but I would have no problem promising not to attack them, if they want to have a go at Cav now!:goodjob:

3. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

It sounds like their relationship might unravel anyhow. The reality is we haven't asked our partner to help us in the regard that Kaz asked Cav to help. Cav didn't deliver and that would seem to be a contentious point from here on out.

The difference for us is we could help them in their battle with Cav since we have nothing to lose if they knock each other around awhile.

4. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Major uber sanity saving position change for Kaz. Read asap:

5. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Screenshot for illustration purposes.

Kaz would have a city 114 of TKY, that would be fighting for the copper tile. They would have a flood plain for food...and this would basically assure that TKY becomes the GT city, perfectly positioned, and it supports giving that city a theatre. Kaz would never catch up in culture and never take the copper tile.

I'm perfectly fine with Kaz getting that city location. Even 144 of TKY, so that it "overlaps" on the pigs, which it will never get forh te same reason.

Thoughts?

6. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

works for me. I'd even be willing to offer to road the copper if it would help them get a settler to that site fast enough for Cav to not react.

of course, they could spin it with Cav that they are trying to flank TKY, if they want.

7. Ronnie1

Ronnie1 Chieftain

Good by me!

Let the battle with Cav begin.

8. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

I think that deal's worth it. If war happens between us and them in the future, we could still cut their halves off without too much trouble. We're letting them play kingmaker, but they're getting at least second place out of the deal. I approve. :goodjob:

Culture: The copper tile would be second-ring for TKY and their city. Since we're building the globe in TKY, how will they be able to compete with at least 6 (Globe)+3 (Theatre)+2 (Willem) culture per turn? They'll be spamming Caste Artists?

I'd push for 114, not 144, for their city. That pigs is nice to have. They need the copper strategically & so the city's viable. But at 144, they'll also be getting the pig. Negotiable? Yeah. I guess. It's a shame 112 is a peak, because then it would be really easy to put their city there and not have to worry too much about counting culture once they expand their borders.

We should be able to calculate how much culture is on the copper tile. For now, it should be TKY's culture - 10. Of course, post second-expansion, we'll have to count turns from when it expanded.

9. Whomp

Whomp Keep Calm and Carry On Retired Moderator

If we can get them to fight I'm all for it. If we're giving up a copper tile for a new alliance I'm all for it.

Other than a backstab is there any downside I'm not seeing?

10. Strow

Strow Chieftain

I like that deal but something tells me they are going to still want more once they go back to discuss.

11. Krill

Krill Chieftain

For us or them? AFAICT, not if we get a peace treaty next turn.

Possibly. And it is the weekend, so I fully expect to see a pause used by both MS and Kaz.

12. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

And it's a holiday weekend in the States. Last one before school starts for most people or their kids.

13. regoarrarr

regoarrarr Chieftain

I like the deal, but either you don't have kids or you don't live where I do, because school started 3 weeks ago :)

14. Mojoqmeyvam

Mojoqmeyvam Chieftain

Clearly, I don't live where I do, either, since my classes started last Wednesday. But some states start later. (Virginia's state legislature passed a law making schools wait until Labor Day. The amusement parks needed more workers through Labor Day, so half a million kids get their school starts messed with. :crazyeye:)

15. AutomatedTeller

AutomatedTeller Frequent poster

actually, for a long time, everyone started after labor day. In recent years, more states and colleges are starting before labor day, though.

16. IamJohn

IamJohn (was)?

Yeah, I started early August at my university.

High Schools in Texas also start in early august.

17. dutchfire

dutchfire Moderator Moderator

University in the Netherlands always starts in the week of september 1.

//Back to the topic?

18. Dreylin

Dreylin Cousin Itt!

It's a good deal for us, but I'm a bit skeptical that they'll be able to sell it internally - particularly if anyone over there realises that there's no chance they'll ever have control of those key tiles.

19. shadyforce

shadyforce Chieftain

So we're going to forge an alliance with Kaz against Cav based on them founding a city that we will culturally cede a copper tile to? And then shortly afterwards, blatantly violate that agreement by building Theatre/Globe in TKY? And we expect them to still be true to the alliance after that?

Maybe it's better to be upfront about your desire to globe TKY and tell them they can have the copper tile if they can get it (which it will be near impossible for them to do) or they'll have to do without copper, and hope they accept this deal.

20. Krill

Krill Chieftain

Realistically I'm happy for Kaz to get the copper tile, but if they think we aren't going to build a single cultural improvement in TKY they are a little delusional. Even if we didn't, Kaz aren't going to get control of that copper tile for the next 50 turns, simply because we will have 50 culture in that tile before they can even pop their borders, and will hit the third ring before they do.

So GT doesn't even come into it. Cav scout did ask for a culture agreement, but we haven't heard anything about that since friday, hence we don't know what is and what is not acceptable.

TBH Kaz have a grand total of 6 hours left to sort out an alliance with us before the turn ends and Saturn bulb philo and we finish edu, unless they pause. After they gave the techs to Cav, I'm pretty sure they have decided not to take us up on the offer.

We'd be forging an alliance based on giving Kaz alot of well developed land, cities and population. They're just being greedy and shortsighted demanding territory off us that they couldn't take even when they tried. Either they want a 1 tile wide corridor that is their territory between the east and west parts of their hopefully future land, because they think it will make defence easier (which it won't, they'd be better off using galleons to shuttle units around between Zhou and their land), or they have understood the tactical importance of TKY to holding our front.

Either way Kaz aren't going to get anything useful out of us regarding the land unless they take it from our cold, dead hands. So unless they wise up a bunch, they are effectively screwed. And ultimately, it's entirely their fault.