Keeping Donald great forever

If you are not the right character, you could never move beyond that and easily lose everything.

Currently in America that is not really true. Wealth in the US has so much built in momentum that it would actually require quite a bit of well directed effort to really "lose everything," or even to just not gain.

Of course not. But still he's a more significant figure than you or me or Valka, or (I'd risk it) even Hillary. He's one of the most significant people on Earth right now.
Ask my cat who's more significant in her life. Trump isn't the one who feeds her, gives her water, buys her cat milk and toys, or cleans her litter box. He's not the one who cuddles her and plays with her and pets her and keeps her brushed and her claws clipped. And for damn sure, he's not the one who pays the vet bills or will be there for her when it's time for her to be euthanized and/or cremated.

I may be nothing to Donald Trump. But I'm the world to my cat. And that matters a hell of a lot more to me.

He has pretty women as wives and daughters.
His wife looks monumentally bored every time she's out in public with him, and she wears funny-looking belts. As for Ivanka, I guess we should be grateful to her for her making goo-goo eyes at Justin Trudeau every time they meet at some international conference. She likes Trudeau, whispers "be nice" to her daddy the socially-awkward president, and if she's the last person he hears before going before a microphone, chances are he might try to do that.

Looks like she's been slacking off during the last week or so.

Warned for inappropriate language.
Ask my cat who's more significant in her life. Trump isn't the one who feeds her, gives her water, buys her cat milk and toys, or cleans her litter box. He's not the one who cuddles her and plays with her and pets her and keeps her brushed and her claws clipped. And for damn sure, he's not the one who pays the vet bills or will be there for her when it's time for her to be euthanized and/or cremated.

I may be nothing to Donald Trump. But I'm the world to my cat. And that matters a hell of a lot more to me.

I am not that fond of cats, sorry. For me, they are yet another creatures out of thousands of forms there are (including humans), first. Everything else, second.

Like you, I could melt over how a cat plays. But still I am intelligent and honest to myself enough to notice how it kills life for sport and routine pleasure. Birds or insects it is still life, which is all the same in the big picture. Good and bad is a relative scale. For your cat, from the anthropomorphic point of view, you are good, for creatures it kills you are a patroness of the evil monster. If your cat dies, you will be there doing some human goody ritual stuff. <snip> EDIT TO EUPHEMIZE: And if cat's owner dies, her cat could do some nasty stuff inappropriate to describe.

For the rest of the living world, the planet, your cat is yet another unit of burden, which is there unjustly, not through the natural means, not through its own qualities as an organism, but through a patronage of a superior creature. Both you and your cat take more from the living world than you give away. Your cat exists in the place of other creatures, taking their niche, habitat, biomass. Some of those creatures are close to extinction. Most of them are much more valuable for the natural world and its balance. Your cat is just out of place. Even more than you. You, as a human being, has at least a potential to contribute some tiny micro-bit into spreading the Life beyond this planet. And your cat just eats, poos and kills, while you use it for your joy, nurse it instead of doing something more useful and meaningful for the humanity or Life in general.

Also, the way you describe it, it would be much more appropriate to have a kid. Because this attitude of yours is not some kind of mysterious ethereal goodness, it is just some mammal instincts erroneously used.

Moderator Action: Inappropriate content removed. There's really no need to go into that kind of detail. - Vincour
Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

Last edited:
As for Trump.

Cat is not a human being. It is not a voter. But still it is a subject to the government's policies. And Trump is the head of the government of the most influential country and number one economy.

Your cat's diet can change, because of the changes in global trade resulted from Trump's actions. Your cat could get cancer or some other disease, because some Canadian subject of an American corporation would start some industry or mining in your vicinity resulted from Trump's actions. Your cat can become a neighbourhood star, because it would turn out to be identical to a cat posted in Ivanka's Instagram page. You can get married, because you'd meet a guy of your heart on an anti-Trump evening party, and then giving cat away, because of getting pregnant or the guy's allergic response to cats.

You, on the other hand, cannot influence Trump's or Ivanka's pets in any way.

Do you depend on the position or the individual who fills that position?
[...]
I wouldn't consider Donald Trump qualified to clean my cat's litter box.

The thing with the position of that magnitude is that no random people do get there. They must be of a certain sum of qualities to come all the way, first through the elitist selection, then through the public election.

So, whatever the cleaning standards of your cat's litter box are, Trump is qualified enough to be part of the political elite of a superpower and to be a president. If you say that his qualities are bad, this means the qualities of the American political elite are bad these days. I don't think the Canadian political elite is much better than the American, surely they are comparable. And if the political elite of the society is so bad, it can let such an awful person to become the president, then maybe people of that society were too concerned with their pets' litter boxes and missed the point when the circles who rule them had degenerated?

Last edited:
I picture you carefully typing this hiding behind a bush somewhere in Poland

Well, if you stop picturing and look unto the reality as it is:

What you've been doing is swinging fists when the fight is over, barking at someone big who turned away by themselves and whining with crocodile tears of how gravely wounded you are with your own idleness.

when someone tells you that you're sanctimonious and ego-driven for wanting to do good things it's hardcore projection pretty much 100% of the time

all those Liberals need to stop acting so nice and be more openly deplorable like me!

Well, if you stop picturing and look unto the reality as it is:

What you've been doing is swinging fists when the fight is over, barking at someone big who turned away by themselves and whining with crocodile tears of how gravely wounded you are with your own idleness.

The Polish government at the time was of course a puppet government controlled from Moscow, so it couldn't have kicked you out. But there was so much unrest from the general populace and so much unrest in parts of the eastern bloc, after many years of planning and plotting by Solidarity and other groups, that it was politically and geopolitically a good idea to leave. You dont' have to physically kick someone in the butt to kick them out of your home. And either way I'm just mentioning a part of history, you can take it in any way you wish I guess

Unlike many of our past presidents who have left us with words that have resonated meaningfully over the years or aged their way into our culture, The Donald has provided us with a different sort of verbal legacy. I know that his limited vocabulary will mean some repetition, but let see how many we remember. I'm pretty sure we'll get new ones tomorrow.

"Who knew that healthcare would be so complicated?"
To get back to the topic of the thread, covfefe has to be in the mix. Bigly. Not a puppet. Not a puppet. You're the puppet. The one about people not really considering what the Civil War was fought over.

With all this commotion about Trump last week, I wish God would give us a sign about his future.

Trump should be credited for being such an incompetent oaf that even Republicans have decided to vote across the isle.

This is a result that Obama could not achieve. But he was a bolshevik muslim terrorist supporting tyrant of course.

The magic with trump is that makes George W. Bush look like a genius and a great statesman. I recall how i used to think "Wow, W. will be remembered as the worst US president ever", and now look at this mess!!!
In the context of what is happening around the world today, Trump is fitting the bigger picture, and that is scary beyond my wildest imagination not five years ago, but he has brought something new to the game. How much for a nuclearresistant bunker?

Don't they have rules about when elections have to be held?

Yes. Quite specific rules too. So even if a sitting president were to suggest postponing an election, such a proposal would have near impossible legal hurdles to overcome. The only way I could ever see the idea being seriously considered would be in a time of unimaginable crisis.

when someone tells you that you're sanctimonious and ego-driven for wanting to do good things it's hardcore projection pretty much 100% of the time

all those Liberals need to stop acting so nice and be more openly deplorable like me!
Or sometimes the liberals are ego projecting and then declaring it "wanting to do good things", making the claim felicitous.

Promoting his $40 hat (for sale at his campaign website) while not getting his feet wet in Texas to day was priceless.

Top Bottom