1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

KeepRes=1 doesn't work anymore, any ideas?

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Technical Support' started by Das Ritterkreuz, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Das Ritterkreuz

Das Ritterkreuz Chieftain

For quite a while I was able to play Civ III just fine on my flat screen HD monitor using KeepRes=1 in the conquests.ini file, but a short time ago the game went back to it's default resolution and won't go back. I've deleted and re-added the line, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled the game, but to no avail. Anyone have any idea what I might be able to do to fix this?

2. Lanzelot

Lanzelot Moderator Moderator

Moderator Action: Moving this thread to the Technical Support thread, where it might get more attention.
    Lanzelot

3. Takeo

Takeo Shogun

If you have VirtualStore on your computer, there will be a Infogrames Interactive-> Civilization III-> Conquests folders there and also a copy of the conquest.ini file and that file will overwrite the one in the normal location. So, put KeepRes=1 also at this other location in the VirtualStore and that should fix it.

4. Civinator

Civinator Blue Lion Supporter