Kevinman4400's Accurate Earth Map (for C2C)

rightfuture

Emperor
Kevinman4400
has released the Alpha of

the WORLD HISTORY MAP (255x166)!

It could be great for Caveman2Cosmos (for those who can run it).
Note: not converted for C2C.

WORLD HISTORY MAP alpha has been released. You can download it at:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dgzvn4qss244951/WORLDHISTORYMAPalpha1.zip

It is an alpha, so it is not yet complete, but it has made a lot of improvements. Please feel free to test it out and offer suggestions.

FEATURES

Best map graphics~ In every way, this should be the best looking map yet released, and much of the art is my work. One could not count the number of ongoing graphical improvements.
New, highly accurate 255x166 world map~ This map uses a projectionless interpretation of the world, to give near-perfect proportions.
New resources, terrains, features/forests and improvements~ Something like 85 resources, and more of everything else, but all of it sensible to some degree.
Wintermod~ Simulates winters
Icemod~ Simulates ice cover, including colder periods (ie Little Ice Age)
Floodmod~ Simulates flooding in at-risk regions
Geographic Simulation~ Active volcanoes and coral reefs.
Other Changes~ Mountains are now passable to many units. Siege machinery will not be as mobile as in the past.

FUTURE/POSTPONED FEATURES:

Border Reform~ Borders do not go over water, though civs can still improve coastal resources. Now borders are more realistic and the seas are in fact "open."
Geographic Simulation~ Simulated forest industry with lumber mills- disappearance of forests, regrowth and lumber mill income adjustments
Domestication~ The power to see a resource is held by the civ(s) that historically discovered it, and it is gradually spread/traded.
Other Changes~ All ships can travel over ocean, but those that are not ocean-ready take damage each turn (earlier ships with less health will die more quickly). Deserts and winters damage each turn, unless accustomed to it (Russia, Viking, desert civs, etc).

note: grid must be off for this map/mod to work at the moment... also it requires BTS 3.19

thanks
Kevin

Note: The winter mod, ice mod, and flood mod, are great ideas, in my opinion. I believe we really should look at them and invite Kevinman4400 to share idea development with C2C. Please take a moment to thank/encourage him.

Here is the forum:
Accurate Earth Map in development
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=233586

This is reserved for a picture of the map.

here is a link to his post for the map until I attach it.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=5733788&postcount=4

Interesting, better than most for equivalent land areas but I thought New Zealand, Japan and Norway/Sweden were about the same land area.

Does this map work with the new v23 update??

No. Someone needs to go through and change the terrains to match C2C or vice versa and then put on the C2C map resources.

I wish I had time to convert this map for C2C.
Anyone else want to play this map or work on it?

Top Bottom