Key reassignment???

mcneebs

Chieftain
I was wondering if there was anyway I could change the default mapping of the keys. Specifically I want to bind a key on my mouse to "enter", so that I can end turn without pressing the "red button", and can still play with only my right hand.

there is a way - though its not easy and involves extensive code modifications from what I can gather from a quick look through the files...

Disclaimer: I never actually tried it - I just looked through the files and *think* I know what would need to be edited - but I am sure to miss something...

There's a handy, free, Open Source utility named "Auto Hot Key." Available HERE that allows you to remap just about anything, including your mouse. The only drawback is that any remapping will apply all of the time so whichever mouse button you map as "Enter" will Enter in any other application.

thanks guys, but I was really just hoping for an "easy fix" with a mod or a simple INI file edit. Don't really want to do 3rd party apps or intensive hacking.

Cheers!

Too bad. I sure wish I could change 'skip over unit' from spacebar to backspace.

Then you could cycle thru units, have them sleep, and hit next turn without moving your hand.

There are xml files defining what game actions are triggered by what hot key.

Top Bottom