Khan doesn't heal the unit on the same hex as itself

spiffamoo

Chieftain
This is probably an oversight due to the recent patch changing the medic promotion. It doesn't make sense though that the Khan super medic promotion heals all units around itself but NOT the unit it is stacked with.

I noticed in my games that the heal promotion (and the bonus to healing the Khan gives) only applies to adjacent hexes.

So if a unit has the heal promotion, he still only heals 1 hp (2 in friendly territory) himself. If a Khan is directly on top of a unit, all the units around get the bonus to healing but the unit underneath the Khan doesn't.

This behavior is by design. According to the change log for patch 1.0.0.62:

* Military - Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.

This behavior is by design. According to the change log for patch 1.0.0.62:

* Military - Medic promotion now only provides healing bonus for adjacent units.
Yeah, but the intention of that design change can be interpreted "healing bonus no longer heals the unit itself, but only nearby units".

For military units the words "nearby" and "adjecent" are synonym given 1UPT where "adjecent" is stronger in that it limits the radius to 1 tile. However, I can easily argue that a military unit sharing the same tile as the Khan is also an adjecent unit. You cannot get more adjecent than being in the same tile. Note it says "adjecent units" and not "adjecent tiles" or "units in adjecent tiles".

I think the implementation of healing units in adjecent tiles was made with military units in mind. Since the Khan is a civilian unit, it makes perfect sense that Khan also heals military units in its own tile.

I found the same issue discussed on the 2K Games forum, but no official reply. Would someone please post a save game that illustrates this behavior? I'll then move this thread to the Confirmed Bugs forum and add it to the list of possible bugs. Thanks.

So with the mongols, the great general is supposed to heal adjacent units more. The thing I noticed is it literally is, only adjacent units. When I had a unit on the same square as the general, he healed like normal. As soon as I moved him 1 square over, he got the improved heal rate. Is this by design? I would think the same square should be just as good as adjacent.

The Khan heals units in adjacent tiles but if I fortify a unit on top of the Khan itself the healing bonus doesn't apply.

Surely this is a bug. :(

Agreed. That the promotion and the khan work this way is completely counterintuitive and obviously a bug.

The Khan heals units in adjacent tiles but if I fortify a unit on top of the Khan itself the healing bonus doesn't apply.
Surely this is a bug. :(
Agreed, but it's not a bug. Works the same with the healing promotion...
Agreed. That the promotion and the khan work this way is completely counterintuitive and obviously a bug.
This was reported and discussed last year in this thread when patch 1.0.0.62 came out.
Change Log of 1.0.0.62

For military units in 1UP, adjacent means to say "other units than itself". For the Khan "other units" should also include the military unit in the own tile. It's a case of literal application of the patch text versus interpretation of the intention.

Top Bottom