Khmer bug

ilduce349

(Financial, Philo)
So earlier today, I played the Khmer's as a random civ, and in the midgame I got this strange bug that gives me 2 hammers for all religious buildings (temples and monasteries).

This happened in another game my brother played as the Khmer a few weeks ago, however this has never happened in any other games. Both of them where with the khmer.

Is there any particular reason I am getting this production bonus, or is it a bug associated with the Khmer?

Not a bug. The Apostolic Palace grants 2 :hammers: per religious building if you have the AP religion as your religion.

Not a bug. The Apostolic Palace grants 2 :hammers: per religious building if you have the AP religion as your religion.
You don't need the AP religion as your state. The existance of the AP causes all religious buildings of that religion to have +2:hammers:.
But, if you defy an AP resolution that would otherwise pass you lose the :hammers: until you vote on a passing resolution.

Il Duce, if you can get twice as much (4 :hammers:) or -2 :hammers:, there you have alleged bugs seen before.

That makes sense, I rarely build the AP, but it turns out I did that game, didn't notice the bonus, thanks.
It doesn't matter who builds the AP: everybody gets the bonus. (but just to religious buildings of the AP's religion)

(the Spiral Minaret and the University of Sankore do not behave like the AP in this respect)

Yes AP hammers! A lot of the time it's good to get temple+monastery of the AP religion in your main cities: the +2:hammers:/turn ad infinitum gives a really fast pay-off for e.g. 60:hammers: initial outlay in a monastery. Obv. even cheaper for spiritual temples.

One of the few religious game mechanics in Civ 4 which doesn't require you to actually adopt a state religion at all.

This one had me confused also for quite a while, as did the talk about AP hammers. Why is this not even mentioned in civilopedia? Not in the description of the Apostolic Palace, neither in the description of temples/monasteries.

This one had me confused also for quite a while, as did the talk about AP hammers. Why is this not even mentioned in civilopedia? Not in the description of the Apostolic Palace, neither in the description of temples/monasteries.

And cathedral-type buildings (i.e. Christian Cathedrals, Jewish Synagogues, etc.) and the religion's shrine as well.

Top Bottom