Khmer is OP.

Imagine what it would be like with Work Ethic. Also, I had no science or culture city states, and only 1 faith city state.

The issue is that even without work ethic I have near German levels of production, along with a lot more culture and faith. Khmer may not have hansas, but the extra 5 pop per city makes up for it.

Domreys are also insanely good now.

in other words, you got lucky getting a religion (or you sunk your early game to rush it), and the Khmer abilities are letting you win harder.

I like the changes, just pointing out that they are a bit inconsequential in the grand scheme of things.

Forgot to mention that it's MP.

OP doesn't really matter in SP. But in MP....

Also, I missed the first Golden Age, which meant that my expansion was a bit slower. The first Golden Age cancels out the slow initial expansion since you can faith buy builders.

The only civs that get comparable yields are Russia with Work Ethic and Germany allowed to boom. And both are considered OP.

But what's OP about 176 science and 164 culture at turn 180? Is it just the faith that you think is OP?

A civ whose Uniques reward population is an exception to that axiom, obviously.

Yes, but he was writing about how the extra population are providing extra production, which is actually true for every civilization in the game.

But what's OP about 176 science and 164 culture at turn 180? Is it just the faith that you think is OP?

I wasn't even focusing on science or culture. I was trying to maximize faith and # of cities and production, and I "happened" to get 176 science and culture. Sure, I built a few campuses here and there, but that wasn't the priority (campus was always the second or third distrct).

Most of my cities don't even have campuses. And the ones that do, only 3 of them have universities. Also, note how I'm spamming industrial site buildings. In other words, I got around 200 science and culture (which is what it would be if Pingala wasn't neutralized) BY ACCIDENT.

And this is BEFORE rationalism (I have the card- I was instead just using the cards for other stuff).

Also, I have like 20 cities. Built 15 of them and conquered 5.

Last edited:

Speed doesn't scale 1:1 exactly because of things that require movement. Though yes saying turn 90 is a bit misleading.

500 faith is pretty good though I guess?

Speed doesn't scale 1:1 exactly because of things that require movement. Though yes saying turn 90 is a bit misleading.

500 faith is pretty good though I guess?

It's not just that. You get more districts with more pop. It's like the German district bonus on crack.

You don't get hansas, but you make up for with extra pops. And your culture generation is 3x Germany's.

When i say "OP" I mean "OP like Germany or Russia."

Which are both considered to be S tier by most MP players. My argument is that Khmer is now S tier.

Probably should have led with this statement. Khmer are definitely strong now, but strong doesn’t mean overpowered. They are a lot of fun though, and also quite versatile, which is great - since old Khmer was basically locked in to one way to play.

I played a SP game with them after the patch. They felt quite slow early (ok, maybe that was due to my starting location, a little west of Ubsunur Hollow on the new earth map so I had mostly tundra) but once the holy sites (with work ethic) and aqueducts were up the faith was insane and carried me hard. 3 monumentality GAs, voidsingers and a monopoly (16/22 on furs) later I got a turn 173 culture win (standart speed).

OP if you are left alone early game, sure...
If early war comes at t15 against deity AI he is still toast as usual (however you can always just summon a hero or hire some barbarians if the modes are enabled!)

Well I play MP, and you almost never get pre T30 DOWs on land maps since it screws BOTH sides over.

Top Bottom