1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

KHMER strategy ?

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by pippo84, Sep 3, 2018.

1. pippo84

pippo84 Chieftain

Hi, there is no Khmer strategy guide or it's me that can't find it :) ?

Anyway, I've tried different strategies but I'm always too late for the 1st UHV Temples and WW.
    Maybe i've to switch to despotism asap ?

I've settled capital in Angkor or in PhonPhen.
    Found 2nd city in ChinaSea or in IndianOcean.
    Conquered Idonesian city and Hanoi... Then Pagan...

2. Ianchen99

Ianchen99 Chieftain

I did it ****ing YEAH!... well i played in Viceroy (below Monarch) (NEVER MIND I checked again it's Monarch difficulty) normal speed and it worked (with some bugs? or intended?)
    Edit : (If you capture Pagan, you control the wonder Shwedagon Pagoda which allows u to switch any religion civics so go with TOLERANCE civic.

1st turn: Find Angkor on the spot, move ur ship to Singapura as shown, spread both hindu and buddhism to ur capital. Your capital is going to build: Granary > Baray > Hindu Guru > Hindu Guru > Hindu Guru > Buddhist Monk > Buddhist Monk > Hindu Monastery > Buddhist Monastery > Wat (Wonder)

All the other cities: Granary > Baray > Hindu Monastery/Buddhist Monastery
    Civic: Turn 1 switch to both Despotism and Citizenship
    Turn ? (I switched it in turn 8)( don't know what's the earliest date for it) to TOLERANCE civic.
    Keep wiping ur citizen to make buildings/missionaries. Remember to always check for happiness level in ur capital (use avoid growth button constantly)
    Also u MUST trade with CHINA for POLITICS or else u're SCREWED.
    Also i switched to BUDDHISM because this would make Japan like me which would allow me to trade for silk.

Civ4ScreenShot0002.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0003.JPG

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  3. Ianchen99

Ianchen99 Chieftain

So after u finished ur first UHV, ignore research, build a THEATRE at your capital, and turn 100% to CULTURE (instead of research). Let Pagan and Hanoi build HARBOUR first then build CULTURE for the rest of the game. For Singapura, build CULTURE right after first UHV. Your workers should be working at those jungle tiles in Pagan and turn them into farms (just to make the city grow faster). After you got a theatre in your capital, put 1 artist and pray for great artist to spawn in ur capital. (you need it to reach 3rd UHV).
    Sell ur tech to the highest bidder, and sell ur resources/ trade.
    Civ4ScreenShot0004.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0005.JPG Civ4ScreenShot0006.JPG

Last edited: Sep 5, 2018
    Enyavar likes this.
  4. black213

black213 Chieftain

But Tolerance is unlocked at Civil Liberties? How else do you build missionaries without monasteries? @Ianchen99

5. Ianchen99

Ianchen99 Chieftain

There's a wonder called "shwedagon pagoda" located in Burma (the city in Pagan). If u capture the city, u control the wonder which allows u to change to any religion civics. :D

Thanks for asking now i know it's NOT a bug and i didn't win this by luck haha...

black213 and 1SDAN like this.
  6. black213

black213 Chieftain

Ah yes, I forgot about that. Pagan didn't have it in my 3000BC Monarch Khmer game so I couldn't utilize it, but the UHV was doable without it, regardless. Nor could I afford running culture at higher than 50%, but an additional great artist solved that. :thumbsup:

7. adhiraj.bose

adhiraj.bose Chieftain

8. black213

black213 Chieftain

They didn't spawn in my Khmer game. You probably need to be stable.

1SDAN likes this.