Kid tries to steal Steam account, gets tables turned on him

HAHAHa so cool

Did the kid get his acount back?

Probably not. stupidity of that magnitude deserves to be punished

Jawz II said:
he deserved it.

the reason i stopped playing was all the morons with wallhacks. pretty easy to tell which ones were doing it, if you know what youre doing, which makes cheating even more ******ed.

Though alot of people also get accused of wallhacks by some people out there who are innocent. I've got 2 friends who got banned from servers for "cheating" and I was watching their game over their shoulder, I can garentee you they weren't cheating. Some people think "That person's always killing me, they've got a wall hack!" or an "aimbot," etc.

Though, that's not to say there aren't people that do use wall hacks mind you. Though I think it got harder to do once Valve started using Steam, but it's still a problem.

steviejay said:
Probably not. stupidity of that magnitude deserves to be punished

Kinda agree, kinda don't. Punished, yes, permanent "ban", probobly not. Let him squirm for a month or so, then let him have it back.

Regardless I believe Steam wouldn't be too pleased with people taking such things into their own hands like that. Particularly since the guy responded to a attempted account theft with an account theft of his own.

Though honestly I hope he msg'ed all that kids friends so the kid didn't just go "This guy must have hacked into my account with some sort of password cracker and stole my account." Never mentioning his own deviousness and idiocy to save face.

I remember a story very similar to this that happened to me on Diablo2. I was in a public game and this guy came to me and said "I know a trick to dupe your items"
Me: sure.
Him: yeah it's true all you have to do is fill up your inventory and let me kill you
(Note: for the non-D2 players of you, what then happens is that all the equipment you're wearing ends up on the floor instead of your inventory, since it's full... and the other guy can thus steal it)
Me: Oh really?
Him: yes really. Come on!
Me: I know the trick, dude. Sorry.
Him: oh yeah? Aha ha sorry I tried to set you up, sometimes it works
Me: yeah, sometimes. But it is a well-known one.
Him: well let me show you another one, then. Look, if I go here behind the fence (goes there) and drop my equipment on the ground (drops the equipment on the ground) then I can not take it back because I'm on the other side of the fence!
Me: Really? (grabs equipment) Oh yeah, true.
Him: WHHAAT?

:lol:

Falcon02 said:
Though alot of people also get accused of wallhacks by some people out there who are innocent. I've got 2 friends who got banned from servers for "cheating" and I was watching their game over their shoulder, I can garentee you they weren't cheating. Some people think "That person's always killing me, they've got a wall hack!" or an "aimbot," etc.

:mad: I UTTERLY HATE AND DESPISE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!!!! :mad:

I have only ever seen anyone cheat on Call of Juarez Multiplayer Demo. I've never met a cheater anywhere else and it pisses me off if some moron makes a big deal.

The closest thing on Call of Duty is someone abusing a glitch in the map (there is the rare spot on a couple of maps where someone can get under it, which is considered cheating). Also I've run into 6 griefers on Source Forts so far and also a few times just bad fort builders... in that game a bad fort can RUIN (or at least make it less fun) the match for that side.

steviejay said:
heh truely awesome.

I don't think you need to buy a Steam Account, but you need to buy the games

Yeah, true, but I still think it's pointless. I paid $32 (plus $4 tax) for Half-Life Source, Half-Life 2, Counterstrike Soucre (which is a meh game) and the deathmatches for HL 1+2. That's a pretty good price. If you're too cheap to pay that so you go through the trouble of cracknig someone's account, then you shouldn't be allowed to use a computer.

Top Bottom