Kids words

HannibalBarka

We are Free
I have three kids aged 9, 6 and 2. As many parents already know, kids brings you a lot of troubles and sleepless nights. They are also the biggest source of joy.
Among other things, kids are very funny, and some of the biggest laughs I had were caused by wht I'd call "kids words" i.e. un-expected funny things told by them without them knowing.
I'd like that eveyone, and not only parents, to share with us kids word they know.

I go first:

Among my first born first Disney movie she liked was "The Lion King". In the stroy, Mufassa, the Lion King dies crushed to death by a wildebeest stampede while trying to save his young kid Simba. that was basically the first time my daughter hear about death, she was like 2.5 years old.
Some days later, we were visiting my wife's Grand Mother. Granma lost her husbed some years ago. The discussion wen't like this:

My daughter: "where is your husband Granma"
Granma : "he died some years ago".
My daughter : "oh, he also was crushed to death by the wildebeest ?"

Interesting :) Maybe your kid in a way found a good defending mechanism against the fear of death, thinking that one can only die if he is crushed in such a manner, ie the kid and the parents do not have any risk of dying.

When I was in elementary school at the end of the day we had dismissal when they would call our names on the intercom when our parents came to pick us up (it was a small school with no buses). For years I thought they were saying this missle instead of dismissal.

oh here is one my in law told me :
when her young boy was young, he told "mommy, I do not feel very well, I think I am sick. Do you think we should go see the pedophile? "

When my daughter was 1 year old until a little after age 2 she used the strange "word" U-E-U (eueu?) for horse. I couldn't figure it out until one day a babysitter we had said, it probably came from the word "unicorn" she'd heard as a baby & couldn't say yet.

Now she says horse.

She similarly picked up the word "um" for food. Probably stemming from the Latin "Yum" :D. She still uses this "Um store" = supermarket & so do her mom and I cause we think it's kind of funny & it's nice & short & easy.

I just posted about a conversation I had with my daughter here.

We spent the weekend in Tucson recently and the weather as expected was beautiful. While having lunch outside I said to my girlfriends 8 year old daughter:
Me: you know what I like about Tucson? Those puffy clouds.
Her: Oh, I know. They're so beautiful and I've never seen palm trees on a college campus in my whole life.

As if shes been on a million college campuses.

When i was younger my favourite phrase was "parcark" carpark in standard English. My mother still mocks me for it but she made up her own word "pyjibals" or Pyjamas, now we mock her.

Yeah, it is funny when kids talk about their "whole lives". I remember when I was a kid how 30 years seemed like an unimaginable eternity. Now I'm 32 already. :cry:

My parents were both pretty sarcastic people, and I apparently picked up on this concept before I could properly enunciate.

My mom's trying to explain what she meant by "donor cycle" (motorcycles are good at killing their operators, allowing them to donate organs). She points out a motorcyclist with a helmet being stored on the sissy bar (at the time, the law only required that the motorcyclist have a helmet, not necessarily wear one) and I responded, "he's mart!" (He's smart!)

She still calls stupid actions "mart" 20 years later.

Among my first born first Disney movie she liked was "The Lion King". In the stroy, Mufassa, the Lion King dies crushed to death by a wildebeest stampede while trying to save his young kid Simba. that was basically the first time my daughter hear about death, she was like 2.5 years old.
Some days later, we were visiting my wife's Grand Mother. Granma lost her husbed some years ago. The discussion wen't like this:

My daughter: "where is your husband Granma"
Granma : "he died some years ago".
My daughter : "oh, he also was crushed to death by the wildebeest ?"

That's hilarious! :lol:

When my daughter was 1 year old until a little after age 2 she used the strange "word" U-E-U (eueu?) for horse. I couldn't figure it out until one day a babysitter we had said, it probably came from the word "unicorn" she'd heard as a baby & couldn't say yet.

Now she says horse.

She similarly picked up the word "um" for food. Probably stemming from the Latin "Yum" :D. She still uses this "Um store" = supermarket & so do her mom and I cause we think it's kind of funny & it's nice & short & easy.

I just posted about a conversation I had with my daughter here.

Oh my!!!that conversation was truly touching....

Here is another story: My wife, Emilie, has a 20 years younger brother. When he was 5 years old we were living in Paris while he was living near Rennes in Brittany. He once told his mom:

"Mommy, you know that my friend Hugo has an old sister named Emilie and that she lives in Paris. Do you think it's the same as ours?"

Kids say the darndest things don't they?

No progeny here, but I know that when I was a (very) young one I was pointing to the night sky and going loudly, "Mmm! Mmm! MMM!!!" My parents were dumbfounded until they looked up and saw my hand pointed towards the moon.

My father still teases me about it till this day.

Top Bottom