Kievan Rus' (Yaroslav) from Tomatekh's Civilizations for VP

gwennog

King

From the Varangians to the Greeks

:trade: Trade Routes with :c5citystate: City-States generate +2 :c5influence: Influence per turn (bonus scales with game speed). Start with a :trade: land Trade Route slot and rivers extend the length of these as if they were roads. Policies cost 10% less in :c5culture: Culture.

Druzhina (Knight)

• Cost More (20%)
  • +2 :c5influence: Influence per turn inside City-State Territory
  • Cover, Faster Healing and Extra Sight Promotions

Veche Hall (Garden)

Special Bonus
  • +1 :c5gold: Gold, :c5culture: Culture, :c5science: Science, :c5food: Food and :c5production: Production
  • Civil Servants in the City generate +1 :c5gold: Gold and :c5culture: Culture
  • One :c5greatperson: Civil Servant slot
  • +25% :c5greatperson: Civil Servant generation
  • Can be built anywhere

Credits List

• Leugi: Leader screen.
  • janboruta: Leader, UU, UB, and Civ icons; additional translation help.
  • Danrell: Unit graphic
  • Andrew Holt: DoM voiceover.
  • Andreas Waldetoft: Peace music from "Crusader Kings II", war music taken from "Knights of Honor".
  • Alikalix: Partial Russian translation.
  • Necon: partial Polish, Greek and Czech translations.
  • Kropek1005: partial Polish and Greek translations.
  • Killmeplease: Additional translation help.
  • FramedArchitect: for lua help in the previous versions.
  • Moriboe: for lua help in the previous versions.
  • LastSword: for lua help in the previous versions.
  • Tomatekh: All code and art otherwise not listed.
  • TarcisioCM, Janburta and Danrell: Art and Icon of Milite from Sicily (Roger II)
  • Adan_Eslavo: Code for influence in city state territory

Attachments

• (8_Europe_d) - Kievan Rus' (Brave New World) (VM3.15).7z
    24.5 MB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Strikes me as extremely powerful, just from the description. Haven’t downloaded, but this civ is laser-focused on a DiploV victory, and every component contributes to that in a powerful way

No feedback,
Me nether on EAW !
Don't worry, keep going anyway and take pleasure yourself on modding.

About this Civ, it looks nice and neat but I don't like to play vs monster "CStateous" Civ.
It looks like a Civ made for Human players since I don't believe AI is 'aware' about "+2 :c5influence: Influence per turn inside City-State Territory". Tell me if I'm wrong.

Make a link there and a copy there

EDIT: And there are already so much civMods 4VP already... (Many of them are disappointing, because not up to date or badly finished)
With GM/GW, there is a niche to occupy... I (we?)'d like to see a mod that add properly a few GM/GW/GA (With and without MP3/files)

Last edited:
Don't worry, keep going anyway and take pleasure yourself on modding.

No worries :), I have already modified around thirty civs but I play them a lot to try to balance them (and let them play through the AI) before presenting them.

I forced the hand a little with my comment :blush: by what I really like this one and that it seems to work well for the player, and for the AI.

It looks like a Civ made for Human players since I don't believe AI is 'aware' about "+2 :c5influence: Influence per turn inside City-State Territory". Tell me if I'm wrong.

In the first games, I had left the original Druzhina (Longswordman) but indeed, the AI did not move with it. With a knight (which historically is very valid) the AI as the player is found much more often in the city states to protect (even if indeed there is an advantage to the human player).

Me nether on EAW !

Sorry, I have not yet given my opinion on this mod that I use because since the last versions of VP, I can't finish a game, I give up far too often because the AI is light years ahead me. I never see the tail of an airplane :cry:
But graphically, it's still as beautiful, like everything else in your work.

EDIT: And there are already so much civMods 4VP already... (Many of them are disappointing, because not up to date or badly finished)

OK, "touché", I actually try them all but I don't like them as much as mine :blush: and the Pinappledan Canada !!

With GM/GW, there is a niche to occupy... I (we?)'d like to see a mod that add properly a few GM/GW/GA (With and without MP3/files)

With pleasure but my level in SQL and Lua is quite low :undecide: (I work a lot by mimicry) and for graphics, ... But I'm ready to work on it.

Last edited:
Strikes me as extremely powerful, just from the description. Haven’t downloaded, but this civ is laser-focused on a DiploV victory, and every component contributes to that in a powerful way

Yes, I quite agree but in fact (or rather in the game :)) neither I nor the AI often manage to win with. This is a bit the reason for my post, I like this civ but I couldn't make it a war horse.

Yes, I quite agree but in fact (or rather in the game :)) neither I nor the AI often manage to win with. This is a bit the reason for my post, I like this civ but I couldn't make it a war horse.
Why would it need to be a war horse?

You have 10% faster policies, a free trade slot and trade unit immediately. That's a subastantial amount of turn 1 power.
You also have 2:c5influence: every turn with any city-state you trade to, which increases to 4:c5influence: per turn, up to your horses limit. As if that wasn't enough, you also have more and faster GDiplomats. short of very late game when competing civs can pump diplomats with lots of influence out to your city states, you've had 100+ turns to build a core of 5+ city state allies up to 1000+ influence easily

Why would it need to be a war horse?

Sorry, it's a really awkward expression :blush:. A shortened version of a French expression that in addition I use badly.

Spoiler Proverb :
It is not by cutting off the ears of a donkey that we can make it a racehorse.

What I mean is that I have played with or against this civilization about thirty times and it is average in the ranking (nothing to do with India or Morocco for example against whom I lose all the time :crazyeye:). At least what has in my eyes makes it something really less powerful than your quantified analysis would let predict but I consider myself an average player when I see the level at which most people who post play (I play in king). the AI is of a better level and he has never won with it either.

a free trade slot and trade unit immediately.

Bad description on my part, there is only the slot available at the start, not the road (the construction of this one is necessary once the good technology is reached).

Thank you, I'm correcting this.

Time to update this in light of recent events!
We have this project with Hinin, but it will take a little time :). But it is an opportune moment, in particular to give visibility to the origins of modern Ukraine and to the ties that unite or should unite the Rus peoples.

Top Bottom