Kind of a Dum Question

SilverWing

Chieftain
I should be a shamed of myself for asking this question after playing so many games in my lifetime. :blush:

I never really thought about it but I mainly just "assumed".

My question is: When you install a patch, you install the most recent one of course. But when you do, the previous ones aren't needed correct? :blush:

I always assumed the current one has the previous ones inside it but I could be wrong. After so many years......im embarrassed lol :blush:

I always assumed the current one has the previous ones inside it

Yes, you are correct. I.e., you don't need to install earlier patches like 1.52 before you install Civ4 1.61.

Thank you Panda. Ugh I feel so dum lol. Its like I knew the answer yet I asked the question to make myself dum or feel dum for no reason lol

thx again :blush:

Not a dumb question at all.

Most games will only have a few patches throughout their life, so their latest patch usually includes all previous patches.

Other types of software can be different. If you went a really long time (like years) to upgrade it, you may have to make an intermediate upgrade first, before applying the latest patch.

rome total war, needed a patch pefore a later patch could be installed... it all really depends on the game, on the website, it normally will say what you need to do patch wise, if there is no instructions, then the latest patch should work.

Top Bottom