• Caesar on Deity!

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Pillaging Vikings!

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters

Neal

King of the World
Hey, all,

I had a nice, long weekend to recharge my batteries, and now it's time to start thinking about our next project. I have a couple of ideas, some more... controversial than others, so I figured I'd put it to a vote.

A) An Ice Age map. Giving it a go as Ragnar would be fun ("Ragnar Lodbrok in a world of ice"), but I could be persuaded otherwise.

B) Roosevelt on a Modern Civs map. Truth, justice, and the American way. Make nice with Gandhi and Churchill while fending off those dastardly villains Mao and Stalin!

C) Elizabeth on a Renaissance/Age of Sail map. Colonize a New World full of Aztecs, Inca, Maya, and Native Americans! And see if we have a shot at Australia, too.

D) Go crazy and play a Rhye's and Fall game.

E) Try something really out there and fill the Americas with everyone that normally goes in there, but clear out Eurasia and Africa completely, or maybe just put Genghis Khan in there or something. Will the Americas really become a technological powerhouse? And will Genghis Khan manage to overcome the Barbarians and conquer the Old World?

F) Go Deity and go Rome. Let's see how Praetorians match up against the toughest of the tough AIs.

G) Vikings on a Medieval map. Give the Pillage Economy a try.

So, I figure I'll let this run for a week or so (or until the votes stop coming in-like the "popcorn theory" of online polls), then we'll get started!

I say Ice Age Ragnar, and as I said in the throne room, random starting positions would be cool for flavor. RFC would be nice if it didn't have stability, Lizzie and Julius sound more like the traditional conquer Europe->win kind of thing, though that would be fine too.

If you go for America, it would make for a nice flavor thing to put Sury and Wang in and give Mao an extra settler and maybe make them angry, then go and 'liberate' them from the communist opressors.

I say go Ice age, the different climate can shake things up, and can add a interesting story too it, however it could get over fast considering your starting with ragnar, will end up being a rush Europe and game won

However the filled New World could prove to be interesting, very interesting.

I like the idea of the mostly-empty Eurasia game, and the ice age game, but I voted for Rhye's and Fall because I have only a vague idea what that mod entails, and I want to see a game in action!

I'm putting my vote in for Rhye's and Fall for the same reasons Wombleburger has.

I voted for Ice Age. It will be an interesting shakeup. I do think a rhye's and Fall game would be fun at some point, like taking the game Neal just finished to the next level, but because in my mind (i haven't played rhye's) it is a similar concept it should wait.

I voted Rhyes because i found that a rhye's game was very enjoyable, i almost completely switched over before my computer half died. Now im forced to only play warlords until i can get a replacement.

--

Just a suggestion at neal though, that if he does play rhye's he should pick a civ that had a massive empire in real life for your final choice (after the switch). Otherwise you will be forced to remain small due to stability (a unique rhye's feature) which will go downhill if you expand far beyond the historical size of the civ your playing. (Hence the big empire)

Voting for RFC, I play that mod myself quite a bit and the later more strategic UHVs can be quite interesting (Germany and England have some pretty tough criteria to fill, as does Russia). I'd suggest using a 3000 bc unlocked map, it makes the game that much more dynamic and interesting without the super-advanced Byzantines around.

If you feel up to it, try doing a Domination win with Genghis (he has the largest stability map from my experience and his Raze 1 city, all surrounding ones surrender is pretty cool for this). I've been trying to do one myself but been getting a very strong China lately. Oh and, if you manage to hold unto Europe as Rome somehow, you deserve some very big points.

I voted Ice Age, because it's the only thing still in contention with Rhye's, and I have no interest in seeing the latter in KotW.

Edit: and now Caesar on Deity has stormed back into contention. Wish I could change my vote :)

I was leaning towards Ice Age, but bad terrain (that I'm assuming that map has) gimps AIs so badly that it might be a bit too easy for my liking. I went for Deity Praetorians instead, a nice soft fall to the final level should be interesting. Also I'm interested in how some of the funkier Civs on that map (Qin, Monte, etc) play out on Deity.

After the craziness of the last game, I think something more classic would be nice. Either ice age (which is different, but still a normal game) or Caesar would be my votes.

Time to return to your roots and take a shot at deity/Rome. Small tweaks to improve the Inca's and Spain are fine, but one of the ideas behind KotW was to be playing the _same_ map. If you want to have an ice age romp with Ragnar, just do it on a terra map.

I voted Ice Age. I like the idea of a populated New world and an empty Europe/Africa for the Mongol Lord, but perhaps a little further down the road.

Roma at Diety would be my next choice

I voted for Ice Age but seeing someone prepare a Renaissance age world with the appropriate wonders in the appropriate cities/civs (sorta) would be kinda cool.

Due to the lack of a Cathy option, I voted for Ragnar the pillager, which is what I have been hoping for for the last 3 or 4 KOTWs.

I wouldn't mind Ice Age either though.

Love the "reverse colonization" idea Neal. But i think maybe you should make the americas a little bit more crowded so that you will be clamouring for space in the "new" world(maybe play as Joao for some reverse history). Also the two civs left in the old world should be Mansa and Genghis, I'd like to see how much land two civs could take up in your absence but still leave the great terrain of western europe alone for you to colonise.

I voted full americas, empty old world, and I hope you play as mongols! The ultimate isolated start. Ice age is also a great idea though

Full America with one or two civs in old world is my vote. Would be interesting to see how fast the AI would colonize all that land... I like bobbyboy's idea of Genghis and Mansa

Top Bottom