Votes: 37 22.7%
  • Full Americas versus Empty Old World!

Votes: 35 21.5%
  • Caesar on Deity!

Votes: 22 13.5%
  • Pillaging Vikings!

Votes: 12 7.4%

• Total voters
I think what he's trying to say is that all the Americas are left to their own devices while Neal starts isolated in the old world as the Mongols.

I voted Old world/New world. I would like to see 3 civs in North America and 3 in South America.

For the Old world England and Japan only -or- as stated earlier Khan and Mansa only.

Oh. How about Raging Barbarians so you'ld have to fight to settle the old world. That would go well with England and Japan as the only old world civs.

I think neal is going to have to cut down the options to the most popular two or three after the initial vote. Then have a revote to determine which one wins the title of KotW 15. I just don;t think having so many options is preferable for the final deciding vote.

C) Renaissance Lizzy, but with restriction of not attacking Europe before completing the colonization. If you don't like the restriction, then B) Roosy-Moosy.

I'd suggest using a 3000 bc unlocked map, it makes the game that much more dynamic and interesting without the super-advanced Byzantines around.

BTW, the Byzantines aren't super-advanced and crumble relatively early. 3000BC often features an Islamic Europe, also. The Islam spread rate needs to be turned down.

I like RFC, but it has many features that frustrate and enrage people used to classic BTS. I play tweaked RFC with some of these features softened.

]
BTW, the Byzantines aren't super-advanced and crumble relatively early. 3000BC often features an Islamic Europe, also. The Islam spread rate needs to be turned down.

IIRC, Byzantines only collapse when the Turks spawn, and even then it's iffy. Before that, they are always the first to Liberalism, and always has Curiassers in the 1200s. I have honestly only been able to capture Constantinople from the Turks or Arabs (one time), or as the Turks. Under Byzantine rule, it's a fortress city with guns that slaughter your lowly Macemen and Trebuchet armies, if the army can get that far under constant siege by the Curiassers.

I agree with you about Islam, though. In my 3000 BC games, the Christian holy city is razed by Barbs (oh dear god, the barbs.), leaving a power vacuum only Islam, Judiasm, or Confuscianism (always founded by the Greeks. Always.) can fill. It's rather annoying.

Anyways, my vote goes to Rhye's and Fall, 3000 BC start, Egyptians. Your goal is to simply make it into the modern age. It sounds simple, but ask any RFC player, and they'll say it is one of the toughest challenges in the game.

IIRC, Byzantines only collapse when the Turks spawn, and even then it's iffy. Before that, they are always the first to Liberalism, and always has Curiassers in the 1200s.

I don't see it in my games. It's easy for me to capture Constantinople as Germany. Are you playing the latest RFC patch? Especially if Confucianism is founded by the Greeks.

Well about the Constantinople and basically the rest of europe it's not that big of a deal to take with the germans (I'm usual bts prince/and monarch rfc player) for me,well except for russia but the problem is to hold them because they always liberate (for example the dutch and french) and about the greeks and religions in my ethiopia atempts they always snatch MY theology (aaargh)

it's not that big of a deal to take with the germans

The AI in RFC just build too few units. On RFC Monarch level the AI actually builds units 10% slower then you due to handicaps. Add plague to that...

Anyway, this is going OT.

Egypt to Modern Age? Heh goodluck. Unless you get that lucky event where you make peace with the Natives and build the Great Wall.

It's not that hard to deal with Natives. I'd be more afraid of collapsing because of stability. But I play RFC without the plague.

If you're going with the new world then the game will be really easy. HC and Pacal are not competitive without some serious map tweaking and assuming you'll start in the north you'll have a really easy time just killing everyone else off. If this is going to be a showcase on how to win a game before the AD's then by all means go for it.

I just find this option rather pointless because of how easy it is. Even adding Lizzy and Toku in the old world won't make much of a difference because a) they won't even meet each other until the AD's and b) they'll end up as worst enemies.

Personally I voted for the Deity Romans though I wouldn't mind seeing a RFC game played out. (It'd be a lot like the last kotw though, with all the civ changes and whatnot)

(It'd be a lot like the last kotw though, with all the civ changes and whatnot)

RFC doesn't usually switch the player's civs, except one time in the game if the player wishes so. But playing RFC will be an exercise of frustration for Neal, that's why I don't advocate it.

Even adding Lizzy and Toku in the old world won't make much of a difference because a) they won't even meet each other until the AD's and b) they'll end up as worst enemies.

Well, they'll have moderately respectable empires there, still. Unless their AI totally bugs out.

Stability isn't THAT bad for Egypt. You aren't expanding to insane proportions, and can easily retake your 2-3 cities after they secede from the Empire. Arabs, Turks, Persians, and Mongols have it much worse I think, oh and Romans.

Deity as Rome I think would still be too easy, Praetorian beeline is impossible to defend against, especially if you send a chariot+axe to keep Germans copper down. Your only worry would be China and Persia (or Russia) and with everything from Iberia->Turkey under your control it will be cake. Especially if you can manipulate Persia/India to keep warring with China. In Deity from what I know, Diplomacy is far more important.

Stability isn't THAT bad for Egypt. You aren't expanding to insane proportions, and can easily retake your 2-3 cities after they secede from the Empire. Arabs, Turks, Persians, and Mongols have it much worse I think, oh and Romans.

Deity as Rome I think would still be too easy, Praetorian beeline is impossible to defend against, especially if you send a chariot+axe to keep Germans copper down. Your only worry would be China and Persia (or Russia) and with everything from Iberia->Turkey under your control it will be cake. Especially if you can manipulate Persia/India to keep warring with China. In Deity from what I know, Diplomacy is far more important.

China is an absolute monster on deity. Last game i played they had tanks/nukes/aircraft/infantry by 1500 with 3x the power of the next closest civ

Well, they'll have moderately respectable empires there, still. Unless their AI totally bugs out.

Undoubtedly, but without any tech trading partners they'll be backwards. It's a reality of civ and the fact that one of them is Tokugawa isn't going to help it at all.

I just find that this variant would be too easy.

Well, Liz with her $-heavy island and traits might be okay. However, I am not fond of that idea too.

If China really is that insane, there is always the cheap little move of a Cultural victory powered by Sistine/Caste System/Representation Artists (Attack ole'rammy after Europe is secure, he builds them quite often in my experience), could use Berlin with pre-chops to get Sistine out quickly, but yeah losing to China 2 games in a row could be annoying :p

In the end I voted empty old world, almost as much in favour of ice age though. As for civilizations, might I suggest that a few psychopaths and malevolent narcissists (shaka, monty, djingis) be permitted to settle the americas along with the usual crew of perfectly normal civilizations? Would make things interesting, I think.

Top Bottom