King of the World #14: Earth18

Attack someone else then. India or Europe for example. If you want to fight China no matter what, sit on defense and let him attack you. Once his SOD is in your territory, siege him down and Keshik him up while hiding behind culture defense. If the Khan happens to have that kind of weakish, foppish thing!

Torpedoes be damned - FOOL speed ahead. I say attack pillage raze.

OK so just another suggestion(am i the first to mention this?), you should be able to beeline Nat and trade it around to help poor gengy catch up a bit in tech as well...

This thread is where my lurker-spirit resides. (In all KOTW, actually.)
But we all must resist the lurker-spirit once in a while, right?

I would like a suicide pillaging/razing city raid against Qin for the fun read.

:)

I would like to see if the Kahn could turn into something like the old soviet union. Take North Persia, India, and Russia.

I think it's already like the Soviet Union, collapsing under it's broken economy and facing increasing pressure from the Chinese.

Time to do what the Mongols do best- pillage and raze before you fade into obscurity.

While it might not be optimal play-wise, a Mongol horde descending upon China has a definite role-playing appeal.

Pillage the lands! Sack weakly defended cities! Cause mayhem and chaos in the Chinese lands!

Cry Havoc! and loose the dogs of war!

:spear:

The thing is guys, this ain't a RPC. Yes, pillaging and razing has its roleplaying awesomeness, but it doesn't really fit into what we're doing this game. We're trying to do the best we can with each civ, not just do what sounds cool.

Neal's been playing every civ like he's stickin' with it forever. If you're gonna play as Mongolia for the rest of this game, would you really want to go suicidal on China? I wouldn't.

Can you post a save of the beginning turn of genghis kang, because when I open your last save, I starts as Saladin

The thing is guys, this ain't a RPC. Yes, pillaging and razing has its roleplaying awesomeness, but it doesn't really fit into what we're doing this game. We're trying to do the best we can with each civ, not just do what sounds cool.

Neal's been playing every civ like he's stickin' with it forever. If you're gonna play as Mongolia for the rest of this game, would you really want to go suicidal on China? I wouldn't.

Sometimes you just gotta have a little fun! The Mongols are beyond help to be honest.

I don't doubt that the Mongols are beyond help... but I still like the idea of trying to dig them as far as possible out of the hole they've got themselves in. I find reading these write-ups (the KotW series, and your RPCs, madscientist) to be a very entertaining way of learning more about how to play the game. And I think it would be cool to learn how to (at least attempt) to turn around a seemingly hopeless situation!

If Neal was actually going to play it through I have no doubt that he would make a great game of it with a good chance of winning. But Khan is so far back that realistically Neal's best chance of helping him would be to take the long shot. It's Hail Mary time hit Qin HARD.

If you can figure a realistic way out for the mongols, by all means, use it. But if you can't (I can't) I'll say: Kill! And die doing it. That's an honorable way to go when there is no real chance of winning.

Neal - ask yourself, What Would Sam Beckett Do?

Did Sam Beckett ever leap into someone, look around and decide their life was just too #$@*ed and suicide them off a bridge?

No! He tried to figure out a way to help them out of whatever mess they'd gotten themselves into!

Do the same for Genghis! Honour the spirit of Dr. Sam Beckett!

I can't remember if there was a Quantum Leap episode where the protagonist was facing imminent death (which AI Qin will wipe out AI Khan, as however much Neal-Khan can rebuild, AI Qin will just grow exponentially faster)... so I think in this case even Sam Beckett will see that sometimes the best defense, is offense... and this means crippling Qin as much as possible in those 40 turns. :king::goodjob:

Edit: Oh... and the fact this monster Qin is created by Neal... so he has to put right what once went wrong. Pillage, raid and raze!

Neal - ask yourself, What Would Sam Beckett Do?

Did Sam Beckett ever leap into someone, look around and decide their life was just too #$@*ed and suicide them off a bridge?

No! He tried to figure out a way to help them out of whatever mess they'd gotten themselves into!

Do the same for Genghis! Honour the spirit of Dr. Sam Beckett!

The Peace-mongers would have us beg like dogs. But we have a destiny, like the summer fire ravages the grassland, we will ravage Qin. We are an Iron Tsunami and we will purge these devil sheep from our land. It is crucial to think of everything as an oppotunity to kill. All Hail Khan.

A bit of advice for Genghis.

A 'kill/pillage everything' strat is impossible with him. Genghis is dwarfed by China in terms of sheer number of units and tech level. My suggestion is to switch into a complete EE: set the Espionage slider to 100%, beg gold every turn from the various leaders, open borders with all the buddhists, etc. Send your two spies to Beijing and have them chill there. Whip 3-4 Workers and cottage everything in site (later, build Windmills with Machinery). Set QiNeal with 99 Weight and the rest of the Ais as zero (note that currently most are at 99 weight, meaning a LOT of clicking and possibly early-onset Carpal Tunnel ;)). This will lead to 150-200 EP on Qin/turn, which will increase when you steal CS and enter Bureaucracy (you may want to consider switching your capital to somewhere like the grasslands city NW of Karakorum - Beshbalik? - b/c the distance is currently increasing EP costs by 5%).

If you're lucky, an AI may pity-gift you a tech.

For Settlers, you have three. Settle the Gems site to the north, the Oasis site to the south with the desert hills, and delete the third; the Tundra is not worth settling.

Top Bottom