King of the World #16: Julius Caesar

Yeah, Greece first, then maybe a conquest of Mediterranean Africa starting from your own African possessions or Arabia/Persia/Whoever controls the Syria/Lebanon region(or both). I don't see how that would require a big navy.

A good time to stop expanding(should there be one) IMO would be after taking Europe-side Russia(vassal or just peace, Siberia isn't all that good land anyways) and the Levant. This would put you in a great position for the space race and enable more conquering with Rifles. A colonization effort might be interesting too.

Subscribing :)

Dangit Hatty... and you know she's gonna sell that sh*t to everyone too. Agreed though -- I think Greece needs to be subjugated before you turtle up. I bet Cathy will have LBs in no time, too. You have a massive and very lucrative empire and lots of potential friends to keep in the tech race. Also I imagine once you get some forums up, you'll be swimming in Great People before long. Have fun :)

with all the mention of it, I thought I'd point out.

The forum is probobally the single WORST UB in the entire game

What about that French one that gives you a free artist?

well the market is a pretty crappy building in it's own right, and I think someone did the math and even on marathon/epic games, forums normally don't even yield ONE additional GP per game.

So you have a UB that that does the exact same thing as a building that sucks to begin with.

well the market is a pretty crappy building in it's own right, and I think someone did the math and even on marathon/epic games, forums normally don't even yield ONE additional GP per game.

So you have a UB that that does the exact same thing as a building that sucks to begin with.

Perhaps this is right, but what is much more important is getting those GPs out faster. A 25% boost in GP production certainly does that.

Hail Caesar!

(subscribing)

I say go for Greece & Egypt so that you have the traditional Roman lands, but that's the history buff in me talking. Whatever you do, don't turtle. Money from conquest will feed your economy, and there's plenty of good land to be found in the Middle East/Egypt.

Worst UB? Dun.

The Forum is meh, but it's no where near Walls w/free Guerrilla I bad.

Fact - Praetorians are the best UU of their era.
Fact - Civ players want a super UB and super UB.

Civ players are greedy - the evidence is clear.

[With apologies to Troy]

P.S. I love the Dun.

Markets will outperform courthouses as soon as this inequality holds.

upkeep < 0.5 * commerce output * (1-techrate)

There's still the added hammercosts of a market, but then markets will usually give you higher happiness, and over longer timespans the hammer/gold saved will approach 0 anyway.

So saying markets suck has no basis whatsoever.

The next round has been played, and should be posted sometime tomorrow. Here's the save, for those of you who want a sneak peek:

First of all, it look very very well. I am pretty sure you can't :):):):) up now. However one thing, maybe get some trades going you could easy make 20+ gold, plus grapping some happy resourses. And even get better diplo from it aswell :) But still looks like you will take over the world with knights. Top nice :D

Alittle off-topic, do you plan to return to the ice world. And have you looked at my save? ;)

A bit off topic, but I've noticed in some of your other KoTW games that when you hit the Industrial Age your roads remained dirt roads. I'd like to do that on my custom games (hate seeing "modern" highways before I even lay down some rail), and was wondering if you could share your secrets!

Back on topic, I'd just conquer as much as you can while Praetorians are still the king. Haven't played much on higher levels though not sure if your economy can survive a REX on the level of difficulty you are playing. Just my two cents.

Top Bottom