1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

King of the World #19: Lincoln

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by Neal, Mar 19, 2010.

1. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

As I didn't finished KotW 2 ( you can find the reason why posted there if you care to ), I will also not do that in here, for the exact same reasons.

2. silentounce

silentounce Chieftain

If it's that important to you then do it yourself. No one is stopping you.

3. Sciguy001

Sciguy001 CiV Great Scientist (duh)

Who said that it had to be you?

But if Neal does decide to never return, or to return to continue doing CIV games, someone should definitely renew the series for CiV. Would Rolo be interested in doing that :please:?

4. Yared

Yared That Guy

But I can't amuse myself by writing stuff...

5. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

If/when I get Civ V ( I will wait atleast a couple of weeks to see if there are major performance issues ), maybe ...

P.S I was just saying to yared that I would not do that ;) KotW is Neal series, and i would not hijack it in such a blatant way without his consent ...

6. Sciguy001

You were referring to KotW CIV, not KotW CiV :king:

Or to not intrude on Neal's stuff, you could rename it to like "Civ 5 World Map Challenge" (CVWMC?) or something less lame.

7. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

I agree with rolo, King of the World series is NEAL's thing although I am pretty sure he would not mind playing earth map walkthrough's as a different name. I used the earth-map for several RPCs and always touched base with Neal to see if he was OK with it.

My feeling here is to let the thread end or start a new one.

8. Sciguy001

Yes but if Neal decides to never come back then he couldn't not be ok with with a "spinnof" series.

OT: Madscientist you should really do CiV RPCs when it comes out, they were really popular and with City States and Social Policies you will have a lot of options for RPCing to do :)

9. r_rolo1

r_rolo1 King of myself

Sciguy001, i was responding to yared about finishing this game, not about any kind of continuation of the series. I will not surely have issues to make a KotW in Civ V if Neal never shows up ( and if I get Civ V in usable time ), but will surely not finish this particular game, even to avoid loudmouth the previous player decisions ( a assured thing when games change hands ).

10. madscientist

madscientist RPC Supergenius

I would assume a PM unanswered is his blessing, someone would just need to rename the series.

I certainly plan CiV RPCs and as my signature says I am already pondering possibilities. I already have the first scoped in my mind but will definitely get all the rules down pat first.

11. Sciguy001

Hooray!! :king::band::D

12. Sciguy001

Allright, we can let this thread die again for now.

13. Civman33

Civman33 Gunship Pilot

Sorry to bump this, blah blah blah.

But I was psyched to see an American KotW installment due to the challenges and since Neal hasn't been on in over a year I guess the series is in a grave. If Neal does miraculously update this, however, i'll be happier than a drunk Catherine!