King of the World #19: Lincoln

All those forests, and mathematics coming up... :drool:

Waiting 'til Monty declares on Sitting Bull, then sneaking down and taking out his cities would be hilarious. Just remember that Longbowmen with CG3 & Drill 1 are even harder than Archers with CG3 & Drill 1. Don't wait too long on Sitting Bull.

Heh... Lincoln declares Slavery. Never gets old.

I feel more secure with the Neal's stack since the spearman is there for protection from those Native warriors who ride atop bison

I like the idea to move against Aztec before Bull. If you get a mutual war with the bull should be enough to make you safe diplo wise whereas Monty you will not get friendly without him founding a religion and it spreading. Also early war against the bull is hell.

perhaps another few workes and then prechop your forests for a hoard of cats.

Sounds good to me. :goodjob:

Quite a tight fit for new england right now, maybe you could throw alphabet into the tech mix and do some war bribing? Sounds like that might be unnecessary though seeing as your two closest neighbors hate each other

Yeah, yeah. I was afraid someone was gonna notice that :p The Spearman was a Warrior build that was halfway done when Copper came online.

would it be an useful idea to settle Thule in East Greenland so you can sail to Europe with Galleys and partake in the protential tradefest overthere?

Wow. So, uh... Is that a worthwhile gamble? We'd need to claim Iceland, too, for it to fully work (Iceland is separated from Europe by a single tile of Ocean which either Iceland or northern Scotland could claim). Even if it mostly failed, though, we could get access to whoever DOES end up claiming Iceland, which is better than nothing. But a Galley and a Settler, in addition to that much more Maintenance... What do you all think?

You could always gift away the leapfrog cities after you make contact. Surely there'd be some Civ willing to accept them.

You got to get the border to pop too. I just world buildered in Versailles because I didn't want to wait too long for it to pop.

How is that galley allowed on the tile with the 1 circled????!!! :eek:

Re. the game, despite being cramped compared to normal, it can't be denied America does start with some luscious land. Looking forward to clobberin time :goodjob:

:agree: Did you actually move the galley to the spot marked "1"? SS please. :p

Galleys can't move away from coast unless there's culture there. Now, if you founded a city up on Baffin Island (?) and had sufficient culture, I think you could do it.

Wow. So, uh... Is that a worthwhile gamble? We'd need to claim Iceland, too, for it to fully work (Iceland is separated from Europe by a single tile of Ocean which either Iceland or northern Scotland could claim). Even if it mostly failed, though, we could get access to whoever DOES end up claiming Iceland, which is better than nothing. But a Galley and a Settler, in addition to that much more Maintenance... What do you all think?

Meh...

You could settle Nuuk in Greenland, but it'd cost you -5:commerce: per turn in maintenance, would only give you 1:hammers: in production, and you'd still have to wait the 15 turns for a border pop w/a religion. (Or 45 turns to build a monument, then another 15 for the border pop). Iceland isn't worth that.

Just wait 'til Optics.

The "1" isn't the problem. Galleys can get to Greenland without culture pops. It's the "3" that stops you, as that's ocean.

:agree: Did you actually move the galley to the spot marked "1"? SS please. :p

Galleys can't move away from coast unless there's culture there. Now, if you founded a city up on Baffin Island (?) and had sufficient culture, I think you could do it.

I agree. That 1 doesn't look like a legit move unless I'm missing something.

The galley can still go around that square marked "1". It would just take an extra turn is all.

It's a bug in the map. Check out the tiles that show up as "coast" when you hover over them:

This is obviously incorrect, but it does let you do this:

The galley can still go around that square marked "1". It would just take an extra turn is all.

No, you can't (on an unbugged map, that is). Galleys cannot leave coast unless the cultural borders extend into the ocean. Try going around coastal ice on any other map and you'll see that it can't be done with a galley and no culture.

Top Bottom