1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

KING TAMAR OF GEORGIA!!!... and amanitore concept art

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by GenyaArikado, Feb 13, 2018.

1. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

Stilgar08, drakula and nzcamel like this.
  2. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

If only they hadn't made Amanitore a big fat fatty...that second row of concepts are all AWESOME. The one with the Anubis staff is particularly cool.

KAL_MAD, DeutschDachs and Xur like this.
  3. GenyaArikado

GenyaArikado Judge of Love

i like fat amanitore, she spices things up. But i wish she had the second row, first design hairstyle. I would have prefered Tamar with the headress aswell

Ferocitus, nzcamel and DeutschDachs like this.
  4. DeutschDachs

DeutschDachs Emperor

Wow, I probably would have preferred any of the alternative versions of Amanitore to the one we got. For what we have to go off of, the look they went with seems accurate enough but that doesn't mean it's appealing :x

5. Tech Osen

Tech Osen Emperor

I prefer accuracy in this case since it's a historical figure. You don't have to be pretty to be a competent leader.

6. kaspergm

kaspergm Deity

Those Tamar artworks are oddly disturbing. I find it hard to understand that they've had such a hard time nailing her. Compared to the images that come up if you google her, her current in-game model is completely OFF. If I had seen her in-game model and would have to guess for a leader, I would say Pocahontas rather than Tamar.

And I agree with others, some of those Amanitores concepts are pretty cool, although I think her current model is not too bad, from what I've seen at least.

7. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

Imo the leftmost Tamar art looks best.

8. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

I sincerely doubt any claim that Amanitore was obese. Personally I prefer the first column, second row for the full body depictions.

9. BenZL43

BenZL43 awkward cat

Apology, but I think this has been posted in the concept art thread. Perhaps a thread merger is possible?

10. Leyrann

Leyrann Deity

That thread got closed for going off-topic and at least the Tamar art is new, I don't know about the other art.

11. Haig

Haig Deity

DarkJedi and Deutschdachs need their game characters as busty anime ladies only? How in hell it can bother if there's a fat leader?? :crazyeye:

I don't know, I would find it boring if everything was from the same model in Civ VI. I also prefer British tv shows to American ones, as the actors are usually superb even though not all of them are pretty... unlike in some CSI Miami. :)

12. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

I'm sorry, but how is Tomyris or Gorgo "busty anime ladies"?

13. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Stilgar08 likes this.
  14. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

So not obese, thank you for the evidence.

15. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

At the very least wider than everyone else.

Nothing sure, it's not like early images like this can be assumed to be absolutely correct (pretty sure three headed lion man isn't anatomically correct either), but it's enough for me to be okay with Firaxis artists' concept.

stealth_nsk, Stilgar08 and nzcamel like this.
  16. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

There is another older art thread.

Well...the top row of Amanitore's look accurate when compared with this...

17. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

You have to wonder how much of that was to depict her as fertile and well fed. I'm not saying she shouldn't be somewhat curvy, but rather that the current version of her in game is too extreme.

18. SammyKhalifa

SammyKhalifa Deity

Well yeah who knows. People were still developing skills in drawing people. You also only see faces from the exact profile or front on.

I'm okay with the animation though. It's not like it's from out of left field somewhere and seemed to take into account contemporary (?) depictions.

nzcamel likes this.
  19. Sotof

Sotof Chieftain

I'd prefer if she was less obese, but still curvy. It'd seem more historically accurate at the very least. It's not like they're going to change it now though.

DeutschDachs likes this.
  20. Dark_Jedi06

Dark_Jedi06 "Deus ex Machina."

This.

Civ VI has one busty leader and that's Cleopatra, yet there's shirtless, muscular men in spades.

Let's not discriminate in our fan service, give eye candy for everyone. :king: