1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

King Zoar of Comanthyr (Elf)

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Creation & Customization' started by CivArmy s. 1994, Apr 3, 2005.

1. CivArmy s. 1994

CivArmy s. 1994 Chieftain

I'm redoing my Elven leader, I hope u enjoy.

Civilization: Comanthyr
    Bonuses: Religious and Scientific
    Title and leader: King Zaor
    Best/shunned government: Monarchy and Fascism (Despotism)
    Aggression: 03 (moderate)
    Cultural group: European
    Noun: Elf
    Adjective: Elven
    Colors: Light Green (Greek) and Dark Green (Aztecs).
    UU:Elf Archer
    Civilopedia entry: RACE_COMANTHYR

Cities:
    Cormanthor
    Myth Drannor
    Aryvandaar
    Shamel Othreier
    Illefarn
    Orishaar
    Thearnytaar
    Eillur
    Miyeritar
    Keltormir
    Siluvanede
    Uvaeren
    Yrlaancel
    Semberholme
    Evereska
    Sharrven
    Jhyrennstar
    Vyshaantar
    Llewyr
    Arcorar
    Yuirwood
    Eaerlann
    Syorpiir
    Satyrwood
    Intevar
    Rystall Wood
    Yrlaphon
    Teshar
    Elmwood
    Ondathel
    Shadusk
    Myth Ondath
    Myth Iiscar
    Myth Nantar
    Myth Adofhaer
    Myth Dyraalis
    Sheshyrinnam
    Kerradunath
    Dlabraddath

Military leaders:
    Lord Nym
    Aravilar Braegen
    Eltargrim Irithyl
    Tehlmar AUdark
    Hastos Auglamyr

Scientific ones:
    Queen Amlaruil
    High Lady Imizael
    Puorlass Ammath
    Namyriitha Alastrarra
    Uschymna Durothil

Civilopedia:
    In the year -10000 DR, the month after the drow had left the surface, elves of the remaining races began to disappear from their homes. This was The Summoning by Corellon Larethian, leader of the Seldarine. He brought these chosen elves -- 150 of the Gold, Moon, Green, and Sea Elves -- to a wood far east of the conflict, untouched by elven strife. This place, called Elven Court, became the forum for settling differences and restoring peace among the elves.
    Ironically, the beginning of the peaceful settling of differences in Elven Court sparked subtle warfare in the elven homelands. The Vyshantaar gold elf clan feared the worst -- if the Ilythiir elves could be transformed and banished from the surface realms, so might the Vyshantaar, they reasoned. The rulers of Aryvandaar, led by their Coronal Giilvas Vyshaan, began to quietly and covertly persecute the High Mages and priests of Illefarn who had called Corellon's power forth. As Illefarn lost its rulers to this seemingly-mysterious persecution, it and its colony in the Llewyrrwood were annexed. Those hoping to escape the so-called 'Vyshantaar Empire' fled to the remnants of Shantel Othreier, now reduced to less than a third of its former glory. Other elves eventually fled to the mountains of the Moonshae Islands, calling their land Synnoria, after the elfqueen who led her Llewyr peoples to this island sanctuary.
    Within two centuries, Coronal Giilvas Vyshaan's forces controlled all of the elven lands, except for the still-independant Keltormir. The first drow civilizations underneath southern Faer?ntinued to harass the Vyshantaar forces, which inadvertantly helped the Keltormir escape annexation.
    Content that the greatness of the Gold Elves was secure, the Coronal and his aides decided that the time had come to establish the fabled Elven Homeland, the island nation of Evermeet. Elves still searching for a new home wished to thrive in a land never touched by the greed of others, and begged for the opportunity to live in the new world.
    Several noble houses were chosen for the honor of settling the island: Durothil, Evanara, and Alenuath for the Gold; Amarillis, Moonflower, and Le'Quelle for the Moon. In addition to the nobles, several families of commoners and skilled workers came to populate the island and turn it into a true elven paradise. Somehow, they were aware that Green elves lived already in Evermeet, living in harmony with the little piece of Aryvaandor, attuning the magical Weave around the island to be uniquely Elven.
    Leading the expedition was Keishara Amarillis, a High Mage descended from a fabled female warrior from before the Sundering. The Durothil clan, the first leader of the Gold Elven people, chose Rolim the third son of their patriarch to travel; when he reached Evermeet, he married the wife chosen for him, Moon elf High Mage Ava Moonflower, and he graciously accepted the title and responibilities of High Councilor centuries later when Keishara answered the call to Aryvandor (circa -9400 DR).
    Elves did not regularly travel to Evermeet for several millennia. It wasn't until -833 DR that the elves began leaving their mainland homes in earnest, venturing forth to the island haven.

Elf Archer, the UU:
    This unit was done by Embryodead
    It replaces Longbowman and has one extra offensive point.

2. Pounder

Pounder Phaethon was here

3. jorde

jorde Leaderhead Engineering

Good thing that you finally placed the camera closer to the head.
    Now, I'm not very fond of fantasy leaderheads, but this one looks still pretty good. Perhaps a little more green somewhere on his suits could help, but I dunno for sure.

4. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

Can't really think of anything to suggest, looks good. I'm curious to see the angry pose though. :)

5. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

I didn't have much comments either, except, please make all the pcx files (except advisor of course) using the middle ages version. Then I could possibly use this guy to replace one of my Elf kings. Other than that, so far he looks much better already.

6. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

I agree with tjedge1, the medieval era is the one I'm after as well. :)

7. CivArmy s. 1994

the four eras and three expressions r on the 1st post, and, of course, the Modern Time continues Matrix-Elf :lol:
    There is no problem in to do a extra advise.pcx just using the Middle Age.

EDITED: I tried give to the hairs of different eras the same color, but it is not too easy as it looks like :(

8. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

I would prefer a more subdued angry look - he poses like a vampire. I'd go for a cold, despising look with the mouth closed instead.

Other than that, looking good.

9. Steel General

Steel General Master of Temporal Fugue

Looks great, much improved over the initial one (which was still good).

I think your city list could use some work though. If I get a chance to tonite, I will try and post an updated list.

10. Plotinus

Plotinus Philosopher Administrator

Good stuff. I didn't much like the original version, but this is a lot better.

I like the fact that even Elves get big sideburns in the Industrial Age!

11. CivArmy s. 1994

a bigger city list would be great :goodjob:

I changed the angry expression, check the preview in post 1.

Thanks for have enjoying more this one :) And I also love the sideburns in the Industrial Age.

12. Drift

Drift It's a boy!

The new angry expression is good. :)

13. Steel General

Steel General Master of Temporal Fugue

Here is an updated city, MGL, SGL list that I took from the Forgotten Realms Cormanthyr supplement;

Cities
    ============
    Cormanthor
    Myth Drannor
    Aryvandaar
    Shamel Othreier
    Illefarn
    Orishaar
    Thearnytaar
    Eillur
    Miyeritar
    Keltormir
    Siluvanede
    Uvaeren
    Yrlaancel
    Semberholme
    Evereska
    Sharrven
    Jhyrennstar
    Vyshaantar
    Llewyr
    Arcorar
    Yuirwood
    Eaerlann
    Syorpiir
    Satyrwood
    Intevar
    Rystall Wood
    Yrlaphon
    Teshar
    Elmwood
    Ondathel
    Shadusk
    Myth Ondath
    Myth Iiscar
    Myth Nantar
    Myth Adofhaer
    Myth Dyraalis
    Sheshyrinnam
    Kerradunath
    Dlabraddath

Military Leaders
    ================
    Eltargrim Irithyl
    Tehlmar AUdark
    Hastos Auglamyr

Scientific Leaders
    ==================
    Puorlass Ammath
    Namyriitha Alastrarra
    Uschymna Durothil

14. CivArmy s. 1994

Thanks! :goodjob: I already did the upgrade.

15. tjedge1

tjedge1 Writer of writerly things

This is much better nice work. Now I just have to get a good connectio again so I can download it when it's ready.