KISS Files Term 7 - 9

peter grimes said:
Two things:

Could one of you explain more completely exactly why keeping KISS alive will keep tech costs more for DNUTs than killing KISS?

If KISS is alive, for Dnuts to research a tech that only MIA knows would cost them 17/21 times the monopoly price. If KISS is dead, then the cost would be 5/7 of the monopoly price.

Since techs from here on are at least 3600 beakers, KISS' death would save Dnuts at least 340 beakers per tech. Assuming Dnuts are looking for 4-turn research, that is 85 beakers per turn. It is hard to imagine KISS running a profit of 85 gpt with what they have left, and techs will only get more expensive.

maybe we should play this turn at least before sending that to KISS. if we take another half dozen cities or so, then maybe we could send it, but if our offensive somehow fizzles, that letter won't have much effect.

EDIT: nevermind i didn't see the Turn 168 thread. i'd send the letter now.

I think we need more time to discuss peace as a team before we offer it.

EDIT - and KISS might even offer something for peace if we don't move too quickly (yeah, I doubt it too)

Don't send yet, we aren't feeling any war warriness yet and I doubt we will soon, so we can wait and discuss

Chat with Whomp

bawhomp: :D
fe3333au: hi mate :)
bawhomp: How are you kid?
fe3333au: tired ... but good ... how are you?
bawhomp: Good.

<small talk>

bawhomp: I had to play the MTDG save too
fe3333au: Yeah is there computer problems with the turntaker?
bawhomp: yep ... they're all gone
bawhomp: bede
bawhomp: scout
bawhomp: grahamiam
bawhomp: bugs
bawhomp: various RL issues
bawhomp: it's up to me and tubby now
fe3333au: Bummer ... I hope only temporary

He doen't know yet
bawhomp: you guys have a big edge ... we can only hope to drag you down with us ... like tnt did us
fe3333au: nice LOL

Nuts
fe3333au: so you in bed with the Nuts now?
bawhomp: we have no choice
fe3333au: I'd watch them
bawhomp: it doesn't matter ... we have no choice ... we'd rather lose to them than you now
fe3333au: no i don't suppose you do ... really?
bawhomp: so we'll do all we can to make that so
fe3333au: well good luck
bawhomp: thanks
bawhomp: :-D
fe3333au: :-D

Out of the Blue
bawhomp: unless you want to give us saltpeter?
fe3333au: seriously?
bawhomp: You make peace and we'd consider it
fe3333au: OK ... I'll relay that ... but I thought your mates would be giving it to you ... they have 2 supplies
bawhomp: well then we'd have 2 ... though we only need one
bawhomp: :-D

Trying to solve the mystery
fe3333au: So I'm abit confused ... and you don't have to answer this ... did you steal tech?
bawhomp: hehe
fe3333au: LOL ... what a great game ... Can't wait to read your forums

fe3333au: Dags is back though isn't he?
bawhomp: a bit ... in the mornings ... we don't cross paths much any more :(
fe3333au: his family is not on AIM anymore

<chit chat about music>

When .... YOU HAVE MAIL !!!
bawhomp: ohoh
bawhomp: battle report...
fe3333au: ouch ... get the chopsticks out
bawhomp: wow
bawhomp: are we off the continent?
fe3333au: no cities
bawhomp: haha ... well we fight from battle island
fe3333au: that's why I'm still up ... we just finished

KISS Strategy
fe3333au: I'm surprised that there were hardly any defenders around
bawhomp: when we couldn't gift the cities we were screwed ... didn't read the rules close enough
fe3333au: Oh ... your plan was to swap some cities to Nuts?
bawhomp: yep but we got shut down ... we should've abandoned ... it was a cascade effect
fe3333au: we had a similar discussion with the mods sometime ago
bawhomp: we f'd up ... my fault
fe3333au: ouch ... I was hoping that it wouldn't go this way :-(

fe3333au: were the mods late with a decision?
bawhomp: after i played it
fe3333au: **** ... that's ****ed ... sorry to hear that actually
bawhomp: i know we wouldn't have let you walk into Leo's that way...oh well
fe3333au: yeah oh well

Next Step
fe3333au: now we gotta get our asses to Battle Isle ... tough
bawhomp: well we'll probably move to monarchy and try our best
fe3333au: yep

Taking his turn
bawhomp: sorry posting the battle log LOL ... it's long and lots of spaces
fe3333au: LOL
bawhomp: emancipates a TNT slave ... hah ... you'll pay for that ... and dinsog
fe3333au: That will make your Mates happy

Getting Tired
fe3333au: anyway my friend I've been running on caffiene and adrenalin ... starting to crash ... must go
bawhomp: ok bye

Well I think that KISS will play to the end ... and make it difficult.
Nuts is definitely enemy ... just a matter of when we declare.

After putting some thought into it, I think we should consider offering peace to KISS. It seems very unlikely we will attack them on Battle Isle, and it is just a matter of time until we lose our silks town to them. I think with nothing more to gain and something to lose, we should talk peace, and see what they think about it.

How much worth do we place on the war wearyness that KISS has? Getting peace this fast will aid them in recovering what little they are able and to develop TNT lands and cities.

If we are going for peace giving them saltpeter isn't all that bad of a bargin with riflemen comming soon, right? Additionally it has the bonus that the nutter's can't gain anything from trading their extra saltpeter to KISS.

I agree.

At the same time, we neutralize the possibility of a 2 vs. 1, at least for a while. If we are offering Peace, there is little reason for DNUTs to undertake a tiring war against us in support of a weaker neighbor who is not in danger.

I think this peace offer should be broadcast. No reason to publicly state in the UN the details, but we should at least let both teams know that we are offering peace.

I think we should do this before or during our next turn.

Our next turn is right now.

On another thought, how easy would it be for the doughnuts to gobble up KISS in the north if they wanted do you think? What is in it for the Doughnuts if they support KISS? IIRC their tech costs will be less, but if they just left KISS an city or just took a large bunch of now-KISS homeland would it help them substantially against us, either in out producing/out-teching to a spaceship, or getting an experienced and larger army through a bigger number of towns?

Draft ... I'm not sure about offering the information to UN ... a trade of Saltpeter will be self evident ... will wait and see what sort of a reply )if any) we get from Nuts for our last message first.

Draft

Title ... Peace
To the Government of KISS

Since we have unexpectedly taken full control of the Continent and also honoured the 'deflowering of the innocents' incident we would like to offer peace as discussed with the great Whomp in a recent diplomatic te-ta-te.

We offer the ending of hostilities and also at no cost offer a supply of saltpeter so that you may defend yourselves adequately against your neighbours the ever expanding Nutters.

What say you?

As a show of good faith, we will not attack your units present on our lands for 1 turn while we await your answer. If you agree in principal (perhaps with a request additional terms) we will allow a withdrawal of these units to be transported to your remaining cities.

Regards

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

Should we add anything else? ... some cash?

Part of me cries out asking why we should be giving them stuff when we just took the entire contenant, so we shouldn't be giving anything more than absolutely necesary. They said they'd go for peace if given saltpeter, there's no reason to tell them that if they ask for more that would be okay with us.

Fe - there's no need to vacillate here. The last paragraph reads like it was composed by the losing side, not the winning side :lol:

As a show of good faith, we will not attack your units present on our lands for 1 turn while we await your answer. If you agree in principal (perhaps with a request additional terms) we will allow a withdrawal of these units to be transported to your remaining cities.

How about this (or something along these lines): As a show of good faith, we will not attack any of your units on the Green Continent while we wait for your response. Unless, of course, the units move, pillage, attack, or otherwise prove to be an annoyance to us. We are willing to allow them to be transported back to your new homeland, along a path that MIA determines, if you accept our peace proposal.

Also, and I really feel like I'm nit-picking here, but the phrase is "tete a tete", and there's an accent mark somewhere in there. French always confounded me :crazyeye:

:lol: Thankyou oh word smith :worship:

There are accents everywhere on that french word :lol:

Title ... Peace
To the Government of KISS

Since we have unexpectedly taken full control of the Continent and also honoured the 'deflowering of the innocents' incident we would like to offer peace as discussed with the great Whomp in a recent diplomatic tete-a-tete.

We offer the ending of hostilities and also at no cost offer a supply of saltpeter so that you may defend yourselves adequately against your neighbours the ever expanding Nutters.

What say you?

As a show of good faith, we will not attack any of your units on the Green Continent while we wait for your response. Unless, of course, the units move, pillage, attack, or otherwise prove to be an annoyance to us. We are willing to allow them to be transported back to your new homeland, along a path that MIA determines, if you accept our peace proposal.

Regards

Feaurius III
MIA Foreign Minister

Top Bottom