1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

KiwiTT's Road to War Mini-Mod

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Road to War' started by kiwitt, Jan 15, 2009.

1. Salis

Salis Chieftain

Hey KiwiTT!

I really want to try this mod but I'm unable to install it properly. I've added and renamed the necessary files and replaced old ones but somehow BTS doesn't even notice the mod folder. :confused: Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

2. kiwitt

kiwitt Road to War Modder

Did you follow the procedure ?

You must have a "The Road to War - KiwiTT" folder, which is a copy of the original "The Road to War" and "The Road to War.ini" and "The Road to War - KiwiTT.ini"
    In this folder must also be 3 subfolders - "Assets", "CvGameCoreDLL" and "Public Maps"
    In public Maps the scenario schould be there.

3. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Some comments (haven't playtested for very long, as all of those preplaced units take up a lot of turn time):

- I really appreciate all the research you did on the 1936 divisions dispositions, but all those preplaced units very quickly move away from their assigned positions...
    - never heard of that Miklas guy (I guess you just copied him from RtW?), but Dolfuss definitely headed the Austrian govt prior to the Anschluss.

Otherwise (so far): :goodjob:

4. kiwitt

Thanks for that.

RE: Units; Quite annoying that that the AI moved the units. At least their numbers and names are correct. :)

RE: Leaders; Miklas was President until Annexation. Dollfuss was assasinated in 1934! Also note that de Gaulle has been replaced with Le Brun for France. De Gaulle is leading the 4th Armoured Div; where he belongs ;)

Keep Playing. Let me know if you find any other "errors". I have fixed most of the ones I found so far.

5. Salis

Salis Chieftain

I had installed the files in a completely wrong Civ4 folder :D ... but now im getting a CTD everytime I have to choose the civ.. :sad:

6. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

Indeed. I noticed you put a lot of work in those. ;)

True. But I meant to say Schussnigg. :mischief: (I don't think many people have heard of Miklas...)

7. kiwitt

You could be right. Miklas was head of state and Schnussnigg was Chancellor. Actually like Hindenburg and Hitler.

8. kiwitt

I would suggest you do a RE-install, maybe even of Civ. :( You must still have a file wrong. If you get wrong it can stuff up big time.

This is why I am still at 0.31. By the time I reach 1.00 install issue shoul be a thing if the past. I will be working on auto-install later in the development cycle.

9. Salis

Salis Chieftain

Works fine with custom game. :)

There seems to be something wrong (or i just messed it up :crazyeye:) with the leaderheads as when I start the game the window you get in the beginning (with civ info, leader traits etc.) is completely empty.

10. kiwitt

My Zip File shows which folders need to have the files.

It may pay to do it (install) again.

PS: I must say I am enjoying playing again (0.32 in development), however, I need more feedback. :D

11. Agent327

Agent327 Observer

My point exactly. (Schussnigg, like Hitler, was the man in charge.) ;)

12. kiwitt

13. kiwitt

I am considering adding the Generals into a unique unit for the major nations. Using individual General Graphics as opposed to the Generic "American" General.

Also I note, Partisans is commnted out in the Python scripts ?!?!?

Has anyone uncommented them ?

14. kiwitt

Currently playtesting as the Germans in 0.32 beta and the unit speed changes are good.

Poland fall as expected with Russia taking the Eastern towns.

However the invasion of Norway was a failure. Lost 2 armies, 1 Corps and 10 divisions due to the Norwegian artillery. France and the low countries fall as expected. Italy go Nice and Vichy got Toulon and Brest (as the only remaining European Cities). Battle of Britain was won by Britain as air forces were transferred to the "Russian Front"

Italy and Vichy have been virtually elimated by the British from the Middle East and Africa due to no German forces sent to assist.

Took all Yugoslavian cities in April 1941 and left Albania and Greece to my allies to battle. Should keep them occupied why I take on Russia with my better forces.

It is the first of September 1941 and furthest eastern advance is the Baltics in the North, Kiev in the South and Minsk in the Centre. (Quite historical)

Still waiting for the sleeping Giant "The USA" to join the fray in Dec' 41. Should be scary. :D They have aleady created more Army Groups then me. So their tech development is higher than me. May consider relocating some of my forces back to France, once Moscow and Leningrad have fallen.

15. kiwitt

In playtesting, after Germany, I will go through each nation in the following order.

Spain, Austria, Czechoslovakia, Albania, Poland, Denmark, Norway, Low Countries, France, England, Italy, Yugoslavia, Greece, Russia, USA and then possibly Sweden and Turkey.

Anyone esle playtested the above and determined any other issues ? This will save me some time and could release 0.32 earlier.

16. kiwitt

I have decided to control building construction. Granary is the only building without requirements. All cities must now construct in this order.
    Spoiler :
    Code:
    (Internal Building No. in brackets)

Granary(13)
    |*Food
    |
    |_Courthouse(11)__Jail(16)
    | |*Law and Order
    | |
    | |_Bank(07)__Stock Exchange(18)
    |   |*Finance
    |   |
    |   |_Theatre(19)__Radio Station(09
    |     |*Entertainment
    |     |
    |     |_Sewer(06)__Bomb Shelter(03)
    |       |*Sanitation              Fascism
    |       |                         |
    |       |_Barracks(08)____________Military Academy(17) 
    |       | |*Security    |_____Airport/Base(05)
    |       | |                   |___Aircraft Factory(22)
    |       | |_Goods Factory(24)_|___Coal Plant(10)
    |       |   |*Provide Goods   |___Vehicle Factory(21)
    |       |   |                 |
    |       |   |_Docks(12)_______|___Ship Yard(23)
    |       |   |*Trade Goods
    |       |   |
    |_______|___|_Hospital(15)
                  |*Health
                  |
                  |_University(20)__Laboratory(01)__Chain Reactor(02)
                     *Education
    NOTE 1: Goods Factory only available on open play or exists as initial building
    NOTE 2: Initial buildings based on city size, e.g. a city of 20 would have almost all the buildings
    Also, in order to keep cities growth in check, I have decided that the majority of unit construction will stop city growth in population, to reflect them being used in the formation of the unit (e.g. a division can have 10,000 men)

17. fireclaw722

fireclaw722 Imperial Guard

I really hate to ask it but I can't get winzip or anything to work, can I get the file(I lost it needing to reinstall BTS:mad:) in a compressed file folder, or get any help for this "incident":(.

18. kiwitt

19. kiwitt

A more detailed explanation here

20. Aleenik

Aleenik Deity

Is there a way to make it to where units you build also say things like ''8th Infantry Division of Austria'' or w/e?

I know starting units say this stuff but is there a way to make all new units built automatically say something close to that?

I was looking around on this mod with an older version of it I think, if that means anything. I download the new version later today.