Knight Templar

Jaythekiller

Warlord

Attachments

• Knight Templar.jpg
    Knight Templar.jpg
    308.9 KB · Views: 4,561
Perfect! Perfect perfect perfect thank you!!!!!

That looks bleedin' good. I must use him in my Hundred Years' War, because he could pass for dirty English scum too! Now I just need French Knights and Crossbowmen. Are you working on porting more medieval units? I have suggestions as to which ones to port ;)

Good job with this one! :goodjob:

Edit: Sorry if this is stupid, but I'm not quite sure what to do with the file I downloaded. Can you provide a description? I mean, it's only a file with the extension Civ5mod and there is no art or anything...

Sorry I uploaded the wrong file : I uploaded the package where i should have uploaded the entire mod
I'm going to correct that very soon :)

EDIT: It's done

Here they are in Medieval England, standing in the city of Southampton, surrounded by the rest of the English army preparing to board their ships and take the war to the French King Philip.

There are some tweaks I need to do still. I want to change the formation, make them larger and make them replace the English Longswordsman as UU, but this is really an excellent beginning. Thanks, man! Keep doing units!

Spoiler :

To change their formation :

Open "Civ5ArtdefinesUnit.xml"
Look for the "Formation" Tag in the Knight templar definition (at the end of the file)
Replace "Samourai" by something you want (copy the one from a unit you like the formation)
Save the file and rebuild the mod

to change their size it's in the same place
in the "Fscale" tag replace 1,4 by 1,5 or 1,6 for example

I think it's interesting to see what people use the units as.

I for one am using it as a Crusader unit, available only to European civilizations (the Muslim nations get units to replace them, once I create them)

Jaythekiller: thanks. I'll experiment and see what I like best with formations and individual soldier size.

Putmalk: Indeed. One unit can become so many different ones. The cross on the shield in this case can easily pass for the Cross of St George and symbolize England, as well as be the intended Templar Red Cross. I actually used a similar unit as an English Swordsman in my Hundred Years' war mod for Civilization 4 too. That one also came from a Crusader package.

Hey. Just to tell you that your knights are now online and battleready in the Hundred Years' War. I made them into what I call a Heavy Swordsman that all nations (or rather, both nations) will be able to build and which will be in between Swordsman and Longswordsman on the Tech Tree.

Changing formation of the battalion and size of the single troops was really easy! I might make them bigger still though.

Thanks again for your excellent unit. I enjoy it a lot. Of course, you also get full credits for it and I've linked to its download page from my thread.

I changed the amount of units that could be in a game (i hate more than three) unless its a settler, but when i used your Templar it changed it back to that ugly formation stuff again? Mine works with every other mod, except this one?

btw Great job on the Templar's, wish i could do that stuff.

I changed the amount of units that could be in a game (i hate more than three) unless its a settler, but when i used your Templar it changed it back to that ugly formation stuff again? Mine works with every other mod, except this one?

The Art Defines XMLs are not modular - they work in a similar way to Civ 4 in that they complete overwrite the vanilla one. The civ5artdefines_units.xml from the Templar mod will be overwriting the one where presumably you have edit the number of members per unit to at most 3.

The Art Defines XMLs are not modular - they work in a similar way to Civ 4 in that they complete overwrite the vanilla one. The civ5artdefines_units.xml from the Templar mod will be overwriting the one where presumably you have edit the number of members per unit to at most 3.

ahhh, good to know, thx, then i will have to change that in the Templar area also, again thx. Your a great help, keep up the great work also.;)

EDIT: Would it be ok, to just change the ArtDefines to just having the changes, or does it ALWAYS have to have ALL of the ArtDefines listed?

Little bit off topic:
Maybe a stupid question but how do you get such a close zoomlevel? I can't get it closer than the attached screenshot.

Attachments

• Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    Civ5Screen0009.jpg
    418.6 KB · Views: 470
Go into your Config.ini in MyGames/Civilization5 and set the following entry accordingly. Yours will be 11.0. Just set it to 4.0 and save.

; How close you can get (11.0=default, 4.0=debug zoom)
Minimum Zoom Level = 4.000000

In Civilization 4 we had an even more impressive function for screenshots. The Flying Camera. Aaah - the screenshots I did with that. But not here. Maybe someone can make one though.

EDIT: Would it be ok, to just change the ArtDefines to just having the changes, or does it ALWAYS have to have ALL of the ArtDefines listed?
You must list all art defines :)

OK i got it to where i want it to look, but now it has taken over as the barbarian unit, more than likely because of the cost, and about the animation, no offense but it swings the sword way to often.

Top Bottom