Knights Templar

ALA Gator

Warlord
I just captured the Knights Templar. Will it produce Crusaders for me? It is early enough.

As long as you haven't discovered Steam Power then it will function fine. (The SoZ works the same way.)

As long as you haven't discovered Steam Power then it will function fine. (The SoZ works the same way.)
Not quite. With the SoZ you need to have Ivory connected... with SoZ and without Ivory, you won't get the nifty little Andalusian Cavalry troopers.

does the ivory have to stay connected or is it just at the start
IIRC, you can still complete the SoZ if you started it and your Ivory gets disconnected after the wonder is queue'd up. Once built, you must maintain the connection to Ivory or the wonder won't produce the Ancient Cavalry.

Not quite. With the SoZ you need to have Ivory connected... with SoZ and without Ivory, you won't get the nifty little Andalusian Cavalry troopers.

IIRC, you can still complete the SoZ if you started it and your Ivory gets disconnected after the wonder is queue'd up. Once built, you must maintain the connection to Ivory or the wonder won't produce the Ancient Cavalry.
You are quite correct to point that out. However I meant that it will work as well for the person that captures it as it did for the person that built it, which is true!

I believe it is also the case that it keeps to its existing unit-producing schedule when captured. So if you capture it the turn before it pops an AC, you don't have to wait 5 turns to get your first AA tank rolling.

The weirdest thing I've seen with regards to the Knights Templar is a flip on the IBT. At the end of the inter turn, my enemy had the city and an extra defender. I lost 3 knights taking it back at Monarch level, due to that city being also the site of the great wall and a barracks. A veteran crusader and a veteran spear behind walls on a hill....:wallbash:

I've also noticed that the turn the units are produced is usually the same turn, but I haven't done any testing. It could have been coincidence, it does have a 20% chance. But I very often see them both producing on the same turn. Could it use the same counter?

Top Bottom