1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Know anyone who had Covid-19?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Bamspeedy, May 18, 2020.

?

know someone with Covid-19?

This poll will close on Dec 18, 2020 at 2:52 PM.
  1. Me and/or members of my household

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Close relative or friend

6 vote(s)
    23.1%
  3. Distant relative or acquaintance

4 vote(s)
    15.4%
  4. I know this guy

5 vote(s)
    19.2%
  5. i know this guy who knows this guy

11 vote(s)
    42.3%
  6. i dont know anybody who had it

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
  7. i suspect my household had it, but was never tested

3 vote(s)
    11.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Camikaze

Camikaze Administrator Administrator

We strongly suspect some of my close relatives had it, all in the UK. My aunt became quite sick with coronavirus symptoms during her self-isolation following a long haul international flight back to London. My brother-in-law was similarly ill after attending one of the last Bundesliga games before its closure and flying back to London. My sister then got very mild cold-like symptoms. She works in a London hospital and a large percentage of her colleagues definitely got it, but she's never been tested. All of this was at a time when you couldn't get tested in the UK unless you were being admitted to hospital.

Don't know anyone in Australia who has got it, though one of my colleagues living in a hot spot in the eastern suburbs of Sydney knew about 3 people who tested positive.

It's interesting the extent to which people now associate the US and UK with danger. Like, if someone has just moved back to Australia from one of those countries, it's like "wow, just escaped in time". And if you know someone still living there, you always say a very sincere "stay safe" at the end of a conversation.

The_J and hobbsyoyo like this.
  2. Zelig

Zelig Beep Boop

That's kinda funny, the only people I know personally who tested positive for COVID-19 probably got in while transiting back to Canada from Australia.

3. Thorgalaeg

Thorgalaeg Deity

I have heard of this friend of a friend who has a neighbor, but personaly i dont know of anyone. I live in a zone touched lightly by the pandemic though.

4. Tabarnak

Tabarnak Cut your lousy hairs!

Teammate worker had it. From his parents. After investigation, 4 workers have been placed in quarantine. But nobody else got it after all.

Very few symptoms, maybe excepted his mother who got it a bit harder.

5. Zardnaar

Zardnaar Deity

Covids something you read about here. Down to 27 active cases as of yesterday. Don't even have a friend of a friend get sick with it.

6. stfoskey12

stfoskey12 Emperor of Foskania

I have a friend who probably has it. He has cold-like symptoms, and while he wasn't tested, his father and brother tested positive, and my friend is living with his parents currently. He is currently living in Tennessee, and I haven't seen him since the pandemic started to get bad in March.