1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Know Your Ruleset!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Demo Game: Citizens' started by Ginger_Ale, Dec 26, 2005.

1. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

Know Your Ruleset

A Demogame Mod

Description
    I was tinkering around with the XML files for the game and came upon the hints that are played while loading a save. It was really easy to edit, and since we are using a new ruleset that we need to get used to, I thought: why not have people learn the ruleset while playing civ? :crazyeye:

What It Does
    While you load a save, in the dialog box where it has a progress bar, instead of having hints like "Spearmen get a 100% bonus vs. mounted units", it'll say something like (real example): "Governors and Judges cannot be impeached." and other quotes from the ruleset. There are 32 of them in all, all from the Triumvirate govt. system.

Installation
    Download this ZIP file and take the XML file inside and place it in your /My Documents/My Games/Sid Meier's Civilization 4/CustomAssets/XML/Text/ folder. When the game loads up, it will use this custom file instead of the default one, and you'll see all the cool DG ruleset quotes. I'll get a screenshot up soon.

If you have any problems or such, let me know. I've tested it but something might've slipped by. If there are grammar issues or something is incorrect, post here and let me know. As of now, it only works for English. If you are willing to translate, just open the file and under the <English>text</English> tags, make something like <Spanish>translated text</Spanish> and translate!

Enjoy. :goodjob:

2. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

:goodjob: I like this idea. Check your PM.

-the Wolf

3. Alphawolf

Alphawolf Basileus, Founding Father

I tried it, I like it. :goodjob: GA

-the Wolf

4. *Satis

*Satis Bloody Fool

Grate idea. For a value-added experience!

5. Chieftess

Chieftess Moderator Retired Moderator

Nice idea Ginger_Ale!

Here's another gold sticker. :)

6. Bengeance

Bengeance Civ Retributioner

This is an excellent idea, especially for someone like me who is new to the Demogame. Thanks for the time and effort.