Knowing the idealogy the ai is going to pick??

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Strategy & Tips' started by Dinglebarrys, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Dinglebarrys

Dinglebarrys Chieftain

are there any hints on what idealogy the ai is going to pick cause im scared to build my factories just yet..

2. Monthar

Monthar Deity

In my games, most of the AI's tend to go with Order. However, you should just pick whichever one fits your strategy best. Definitely don't delay getting your ideology, because the first person to choose each gets 2 free tenets.

3. Dinglebarrys

Dinglebarrys Chieftain

why ty good sir, so i guess its just that point in the game where u gotta make a all or nothing choice?.. ok well i will pop the factorys right away =) im still acouple games new

4. FrostK

FrostK Prince

AI select ideology basing on several thins:
    -more policies, so usually AI wont take your ideology, if there is one not taken by anyone
    -their needs, so if AI thinks that he is warmonger, he will take Autocracy

5. slowcar

slowcar King

At least on Deity you would want to see who influences you to what extent - and how much you influence them. If you go first you can only guess who will take what, based on leaders and how they play (shaka on a conquest rampage: autocracy...).

6. budweiser

budweiser King of the Beers

I had the AI choosing my Ideology when I was playing Venice & Brazil and focusing on Great Works and policies. I had a ton and everyone except the early adapters of Autocracy and Order chose Freedom like I did.

7. DrZ

DrZ Warlord

As the others said i think they use the following parameters to choose a policy:
    1. What victory conditions are they going for
    2. What ideology whas already chosen by others (If you are the first to choose one you get 2 freebies so it matters)
    3. What other player influences them with culture and chose an ideology

I would add 2 more if they are later to choose an ideology:
    4. What ideology what chosen as World Ideology
    5. What players they like have chosen already (not really sure about this one)

Taking this into account I think you can have a good hunch about what they will pick, but never be 100% sure.

8. Izmir Stinger

Izmir Stinger Deity

You can sometimes narrow it down to 2, if you have a firm handle on what victory strategy they have chosen. I don't think I have ever seen an AI choose an ideology that does not match their victory condition.

If they went patronage and bought a bunch of city states, they are probably going Diplo, in which case they will choose Freedom or Autocracy.

If they have gone Honor and taken AI capitals they are probably going Domination, in which case Order or Autocracy (note: some AI's will go to war alot based on hardcoded agression, even though they are pursuing a different strategy - it can be hard to tell the difference).

Intent to win by Science is trickier to detect in the industrial era, but if they have several academies, have built science wonders (but are otherwise not wonder spamming) and oppose Arts Funding, they might be going Science. These AI's will choose Order or Freedom.

Those seeking cultural victory are easy to spot, with their high culture, tourism and wonder choices, but they might choose any ideology.

Also, if one of their victory-preferred ideologies has more free tenets available than the other(s) they are far more likely to choose it. I'm not sure if an established World Ideology or the ideology of existing Allies/Enemies weighs their choice, but if it does, I don't think it is nearly as important as the other factors.

9. Vitruvius

Vitruvius King

Get the ideology asap for 2 free tenets, if ai picks other ideologies and gave u unhappiness, you can still change ur ideology if you must. If ai follows you, you have yourself two free tenets..

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

10. phillipwyllie

phillipwyllie Wannabe Deity

I usually find this to be true:
    Warmongers go for autocracy, icsers go for order, Freedom seems to variable.