1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Kongo is OP!

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by God of Kings, Nov 3, 2016.

1. TurboJ

TurboJ Warlord

I just finished cultural victory on deity with Kongo; I simply sent my apostles into rival religions' cities and put them to sleep there until the rival civ spawned apostles of their own. I would have gained a total of ~15-18 relics this way but didn't have room for more than 10 or so in the end.

2. shostrock

shostrock Chieftain

There's a point near the end of part 6 of MadDjinn's playthrough where he has 78 faith from 5 relics. He is Suzerain of Kandy at that point - replacing the 3's with 1.5's in the formula gives 79.125 faith (I assume there's a rounding error at some point). So that definitely seems like what's happening.

Now imagine you have both Kandy and reliquaries - if you replace the 3's with 4.5's you get...9484.875 faith per turn!!

3. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

In one of my games Kongo out of the blue spawned an AT Crew when he himself was fiddling with catapults until few turns before. Few turns later Kongo built a spaceport and flooded the world with mech infantries.

It must be a bug

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Kongo probably had no access to niter, so he couldn't upgrade his Catapults to Bombards or his Ngao Mbebas to Musketmen, but kept teching on.

5. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Its probably 3.5 not 4.5 (+200%+50%).....but with the way they handle math itcould be anything

shostrock likes this.
  6. Jabulani

Jabulani Warlord

Technically speaking you might be right but from a gameplay perspective it seems too unbalanced acting that way.

7. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

that kind of thing shows just how lazy they were, I mean a simple test game would have at least revealed that

8. God of Kings

God of Kings Ruler of all heads of state

9. stormtrooper412

stormtrooper412 Peacemongering Turtlesaur

I figured mass artifacts are the key to good tourism

10. Promethian

Promethian Warlord

Not the key but they definitely do good work. You get the same culture and tourism from themed Great Works of Art but its much harder to theme them. Also religious relics in your holy cities can contribute quite a bit however its iffy if pursuing them is worthwhile unless you have discounted holy sites like Japan or Russia.

11. WiseGreen

WiseGreen Warlord

According to Madjinn in one of his videos, it's actually the way the tech tree is organized. The AI usually beelines towards science/money/production-giving techs, and military ones are sorta out of the way. He did make a mod reorganizing the tech tree, and apparently forcing the AI to research the appropriate techs makes them upgrade their units just fine.

12. spfun

spfun King

I've been using Archaeological museums over Art museums since the first game. It also helps that I can delay building those districts until I have the tech. There's definitely a trick to getting themed bonuses, I'll regularly have only one non themed per game ( 5 out of 6 themed or sometimes 4 out of 4 etc... )

Edit. My last game I had 5 and got them all themed.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2016
  13. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Seeing that Kongo receives double great person points for four different GP's really made me do a double take. And that's just one of their bonuses? Tots Ridicks. :)

14. KrikkitTwo

KrikkitTwo Immortal

Although 3 of those GPs are useless unless you have slots.

15. steveg700

steveg700 Deity

Well, sure, you'll need theater districts. And I believe the palace also has extra slots.

16. God of Kings

Yes, the palace has extra slots. In Kongo's case, the palace is the only building (excluding world wonders) that can hold relics.

17. God of Kings

The recent patch did nothing to fix this bug, as confirmed by MadDjinn.

Kongo reliquaries is still OP.

18. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Agreed, any game that can be a cultural victory on turn 107 makes it a bit broken.

Looking at the screenshot the religious items in the palace are giving 120 which is quite OTT if they can be got quick.

If not the 120 doubled to 240 for computers is around what I would expect from seaside resorts but an extra bonus for cultural that must not be sniffed at.

Double archaeology slots for England can build a similar amount so for cultural long game at least they compete. Its just the earl game "lucky rush" thats a bit yuk.

For religion though it is powerful and the science off those citizens makes the date 1820 seem like they disabled victory to get there.

19. Morningcalm

Morningcalm Keeper of Records

To be fair, Kongo is now a decent AI opponent on culture and science post-fall patch. Via cheating, but still.

20. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

Kongo has always been a main competitor for me but is now smarter yes but not smart enough to stop the same old tactic.

Find a nice defensible position right on their border and settle there with some ranged units and a builder to quickly get walls and start acting in a slightly displeasing way. i mean how dare they attack my right to settle in unclaimed lands, the world is horrified with their blatant attack on my rights. Down go the borders to Kongo and suddenly they have lost the most important tourism modifier.

Sometimes some of my citizens will understandably get a bit angry also and perhaps cause issues with their production or great works, I must state for the record this is none of my doing. The will be suitably punished on their return to ones shores.