Korea and the Great Library

zxcvbob

Emperor
I wasn't sure, so I played 20 turns or so at Warlord level and quick pace to see what happens. If you build a library in Seoul, you get a bonus; about 5 turns worth of science. If you then build the Great Library in Seoul, you get another bonus at your new higher BPT rate and it saves you 1 GPT maintenance on your library. (in addition to the free tech and the 2 great writing slots, and maybe it give you some culture or GS points or something)

I don't *think* it worth it; those hammers are precious that early in the game (put them towards a worker or a watermill or something) OTOH, if you're gonna try for the GL and you get beat to it, you still have a library.

The great library gives 2 bonus, one from the wonder itself and one from the free library. If you already hard built the library, you might get a refund. Also I think the game treats the self built library differently than the free library, so you might get another boost if you do it this way.

Note that with later BNW patches; it's safer if you want both boosts to go with regular library first and then GL anyway because of the cap on overflow science.

But the issue would be how could you ever get a Library and a GL in BEFORE anyone else gets to just a GL? It's usually impossible to just get a GL.

You would buy the library with gold as you are building the GL. Which then leads to the question, where can you get 400 gold that early in the game? In G&K, lux trades for lump-sum gold were plentiful, but in BNW not so much.

I can often make 500 gold in time to buy a settler before t40, getting 400 gold to buy a library is easy in comparison. CSes, pillaging caravans and selling luxes during peace deals will help.

Edit: It's not even worth it. 400 gold for a RA is bad.

Top Bottom