1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Korea Deity Let's Play ver 4-20

Discussion in 'Playthroughs and Photojournals' started by 5BoringGames, May 13, 2019.

1. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

upload everyday at 2pm and will update this post every few days with links.

Version 4-20

Map PerfectWorrld3

Number of players 8

Time scale Epic

Difficulty Deity

Extra mods , infoaddict, PerferctWorld3, FlagPromotions

2. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 1]() Not the greatest starting spot but I am eager to get started
    [Part 2]() Looks like we are penned in by mountains, with the Celts as a close neighbor
    [Part 3]() A race to the great library
    [Part 4]() While we are at war with Mongolia, it has not escalated into a shotting war yet
    [Part 5]() Let's forward settle the Mongols, what's the worst that could happen

3. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 6]() Still building up a base but have a wary eye on the Mongols

[Part 7]() Disaster! The Mongols attacked and despite a valiant defense we lost a city, but H'wachas are coming

[Part 8]() Let's give the Celts a bloody nose and make them regret their latest attempt to end our game

4. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 9]() With the Celts beaten back it's time to take our city back from the Mongols

[Part 10]() The mongol war is going well and we are back to 3 cities, hopefully we can hold it this time.

[Part 11]() We have the Portuguese attacking with boats to the north and the Mongol horde to the south. Can we stabilize?

5. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 12]() The endless crushing series of wars continues

[Part 13]() Peace at last, how long will it last

[Part 14]() Getting close to field guns which may be the game changer

[Part 15]() Desperation defense time

[Part 16]() If we lose our second city it is all over, so lets give it our all

Gazebo likes this.
  6. 76ers

76ers Chieftain

This is one of the better series on youtube. Youtube civilization 5 series have gotten monotonous. Interesting watching something playout differently for once.

7. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 16]() If we lose our second city it is all over, so lets give it our all

[Part 17]() Celtic onslaught on the northern front

[Part 18]() Another brief moment of peace, or is it

[Part 19]() I might finally get at Mongolia

[Part 20]() Not a big shock but the Celts attacked us just as we got on forefront

8. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

Thanks man, glad you're enjoying it.

9. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

As for your starting position, I would have moved 1 tile to the right, since you would immediately had gained 1 production and 1 gold each turn compared to the tile you started working. Losing one turn would for sure had been worth it in the long run. Also at size two, working the dye tile would had been nice too, even though it only gives 1 food.

EDIT: But then a freaking ruin saved you. :)

10. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

Even though that's my initial thought, is it actually worth it? You're losing 3:c5food:, 6:c5science:, 5:c5production:, 5:c5gold: (in his case) and 1:c5culture: by delaying settling by a turn. However if he didn't get the ruin, his Stonehenge could have been delayed because he may not have expanded to both the Dyes and Citrus.

11. John.B.C

John.B.C Chieftain

I'd do it every time, even though I wouldn't have liked losing a turn of science ofc (but it doesn't matter that much). The gold and production would be paid of in 5 turns... And compared to current case scenario - approx 20 turns until bordergrowth (with monument built) - I would have gained about 20 production and 20 gold extra! Also I wouldn't had lost 1 culture, due to my earlier monument. I would even had gained more culture in the end.

The thing is also, the first tile one would want is the citrus tile, but there is no certainty that the border will expand to it either.

EDIT: I don't play with ruins anymore, so in this case, Stonehenge might not had been possible at all without that ruin. I'm not sure one would have had the time to build it working a simple jungle tile for a start (I'm not sure though:)). Building stonhenge would be another reason for me to move one tile to the right.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2019
  12. chicorbeef

chicorbeef Warlord

It doesn't take 20 turns for your first border, even on Epic (as you can see in his game). Though you just reminded me that it's likely a better move generally on Epic.

13. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

I rarely move at the start, but I'd agree in this case it would of probably be best. I think in this case I was probably just raring to go, and didn't put enough thought into it. I think if I could do it over I'd of probably reloaded the map a few times and make the point moot

14. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 22]() Success still eludes us with all pile on's

[Part 23]() To no one's shock I am back at war with Portugal again

[Part 24]() Finally I have taken Dublin, lets push on to Edinburgh.

[Part 25]() Edinburgh should fall soon and then let's throw everything we can at Ethiopia

15. 5BoringGames

5BoringGames Chieftain

[Part 26]() Finally we are taking the big roll of the dice, an attack on Ethiopia.

[Part 27]() Last video I had hope, then the bomb fell. The manics in Lisbon went and nuked me

[Part RECAP]() Recap of my Korea let's play,

thunderbird_14 likes this.